Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Controls Engineer
Requisition ID: 0913180125
Ethicon, Inc. a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Engineer, located in San Angelo, TX.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
- Plan, conduct and direct engineering projects or studies, including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a specialized field.
- Apply comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas.
- Coordinate and direct activities of technical support staff (salary and wage) and will support the technical development of technical staff.
- Track and trend data, identify and implement process improvements to improve business measures.
- Investigate product inquiries, develop and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Platform Ownership on multiple equipment types and technologies, including equipment reliability.
- Lead software and automation activities on many high complexity and integrated automated packaging lines utilizing PLC program/software (Siemens, Elau, AB, etc) to debug line performance, uptime and other equipment failure issues.
- He or She will work as part of a cross functional team in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement automation and controls initiatives.
- The scope of work will also involve working on Capital Equipment projects including installation, debug and optimization efforts.
- Adopt responsibility for the project management of controls systems, integration and software based projects across a cross-functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Monitor and analyze opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline is required. A Master's degree or PhD in Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing/design engineering is required.
- Medical Device, Consumer or Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Experience on Packaging process and equipment is preferred.
- Basic troubleshooting experience using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) (i.e. programming, writing code, etc.) is required.
- Experience working in either vision systems, printing systems, robotics or automated packaging machines is required.
- Experience with Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of FDA, ISO and/or GMP regulatory requirements is preferred.
- Knowledge of BSI (European) regulatory requirements preferred.
- Experience in Process Excellence/Six Sigma is preferred.
- Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical problem-solving skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues.
- Must have the ability to function in a team based manufacturing environment.
- Must be capable of making effective management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications, and preparing project plans.
- The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment is required.
- This position may require up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon Inc. (6045)