Johnson & Johnson Careers
Group Lead Machined Products
Requisition ID: 0911180829
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Machining Group Lead, for our 3rd shift with the hours of (10:00pm – 6:00am) located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by Orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Machining Group Lead will:
- Coordinate and lead day-to-day activities on the machine shop floor with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with the Supervisor on all production and operator issues
- Collaborate with all support functions and peers for short-term prioritization and deployment of resources
- Candidate will be responsible for strategic machine planning/optimization and prioritizing daily production schedules in addition to coordinating the delivery and availability of materials
- Record, track, monitor, and report daily and weekly production status vs. goal
- Lead daily direction setting meetings with your associates and adjust working schedule as needs change
- Coordinate training of new Operators and cross training of existing associates to ensure customer delivery and foster growth and agility
- Support the resolution of NC's, Product Complaints and Audits
- Reconcile production paper work, provide process & product support
- Review and provide a feedback loop to enhance and improve current procedures
- Provide new product implementation support
- Responsible for driving some process improvement activities, providing process updates and escalating issues to the support staff and area Supervisors
- Participate in LEAN process improvement activities
- Ensure operators meet production efficiency/output expectations
- Assure adherence to all safety requirements
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum 6 years of experience in Production, Operations, Manufacturing and/or related discipline is required.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading a skilled wage workforce is preferred.
- The ability to set up, operate and troubleshoot various types of machining equipment is required.
- Experience with Mazak, Mori-Seiki, Makino, CMM, and Citizens Lathe machining/measurement equipment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to interpret and follow detailed process specifications and blueprints is required.
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment is required.
- The ability to read and write English is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate and work with all Operators and Production Support Associates is required.
- The ability to continuously monitor and meet quality standards while complying with company policies and regulations is required.
- Ability to work well independently and on small or large teams is required.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office suite required.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds and to stand and sit for extended periods of time is required.
- The ability to work in an open work area and in a manufacturing/machine shop environment on a daily basis is required.
- This position requires daily commute to Raynham, MA for the 3rd shift (10:00pm – 6:00am) position and may require additional overtime, including Weekends and Holidays as needed.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)