Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead, Laboratory Services
Requisition ID: 0905180508
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Lead, Laboratory Services to be located in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $65 billion in 2011 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Lead, Laboratory Services will be responsible for simultaneously working on multiple initiatives in support of technical and service objectives for the JJSA Raritan site focused on microbiology, analytical chemistry and device reprocessing studies.
In this role, you will be the lead for all microbiology, analytical and reprocessing related activities at JJSA in Raritan, NJ including sample processing and training.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and support (as needed) activities related to the testing of customer samples from across J&J operating companies at the JJSA Raritan site
- Responsible for the completion of or the review and approval of all microbiology, analytical and reprocessing sample testing requests, supporting documentation and reports.
- Coordinate microbiology, analytical and reprocessing sample testing to ensure optimal turn-around time for all sample processing requests.
- Responsible for ensuring all ancillary equipment associated with microbiological, analytical and reprocessing testing is maintained in accordance with site requirements
- Responsible to ensure all ancillary microbiology, analytical and reprocessing lab materials are stocked, qualified and ready for use.
- Conduct training for all microbiology and analytical scientists
- Establishing programs to develop and train new hires, as well as current/next generation sterility assurance talent in microbiology, analytical and reprocessing competencies to ensure understanding and compliance with Corporate and regulatory standards.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree preferred
- A focused degree in Laboratory Sciences (microbiology and/or analytical) is preferred.
- A minimum 5 years of related experience is required.
- Knowledge of the microbiology, analytical and reprocessing laboratories including equipment and test methods is required.
- Demonstrated capability to lead and train staff associates is required.
- Experience with quality system activities and QA compliance for change control, calibration, preventative maintenance, data analysis, and documentation is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of AAMI/ISO standards and regulatory requirements related to laboratory activities is required.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, with senior level management, and ability to influence and present sensitive information to all levels of the organization is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- This position will require up to 15% domestic and international travel including nights and weekends.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)