Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, EHS&S Product Stewardship (Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Environmental Health & Safety
Requisition ID: 0893180508
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, EHS&S Product Stewardship in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in healthcare to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Product Stewardship Sr. Manager is responsible for leading enterprise governance process to track and ensure compliance to global product stewardship (PS) regulations (e.g. packaging directives, REACH and REACH like regulations, RoHS, WEEE, etc.) and will support the global product stewardship team on various programs. The Product Stewardship Sr. Manager will work closely with business unit product stewardship leaders and SME’s and experts of all J&J business units. This position will also work closely with key internal stakeholders who are driving the implementation of regulatory requirements within: R&D, Supply Chain, EHS&S, Procurement, IT, Governmental Affairs & Policy and Product Stewardship Experts in our J&J organization.
- Lead the global PS regulatory tracking process: Oversee data bases and regulatory information to track the developing and finalized global PS regulations (e.g. REACH, RoHS, Packaging Directives, WEEE, Batteries, EPR, etc.)
- Run the PS Governance team: develop audit schedules, maintain dashboards, review CAPA’s and Ensure compliance programs are functioning.
- Prepare reports: Develop reports and summaries of regulations and compliance status for senior management to facilitate the understanding and implementation of new and existing PS regulations. Ensure checklists to facilitate compliance with regulations are available for the PS team.
- Support PS Compliance Programs: perform audits, oversee audit teams, to insure compliance with regulations in all regions of the world. Coordinate roll out of packaging compliance database.
- Support Earthwards®: review data and perform data evaluation to support our Earthwards® greener product development process and recognition process.
- Lead compliance for Affiliates: oversee the compliance efforts of international affiliates with PS regulations like packaging, extended producer responsibility and chemical registration. Assist with understanding regulations and give advice on how to comply with regulations.
- Coordinate LCA program: oversee life cycle assessment (LCA) processes, insuring up to date lifecycle screens are in place for all product categories.
- Compliance with corporate standards: maintain the corporate PS Standard, manage compliance with our Sustainable Forestry initiatives.
- University Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering is required: EHS or Environmental Engineering preferred. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, environmental engineering / product stewardship is required.
- Proven project management skills are a must. The candidate can demonstrate that s/he led projects successfully in a complex (regulatory and global) environment is required.
- Previous experience in an environmental regulatory or product stewardship role in a global chemical, pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products company is preferred.
- Hands on experience with one or more other global chemical and product regulatory programs in Europe, US, Canada, Japan, China, Korea, including US TSCA, California Prop 65, FIFRA, EU REACH, GHS, PIC, Biocides, RoHS and other chemical product regulations is required.
- Hands on experience with managing IT projects and data management is preferred.
- Relevant EHS&S or product stewardship auditing experience with focus on chemical and other product stewardship regulations is preferred.
- Attention to detail and being able to see the big picture is required.
- Proactive, independent, technically competent, assertive, well-spoken, and proven ability to successfully perform in high-pressure, global and cultural diverse environments is required.
- This position would require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)
Environmental Health & Safety