Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Business Excellence
Requisition ID: 0892190729
Ethicon, a Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Company, is seeking a Senior Manager, Business Excellence to be located in Cornelia, GA (with regular travel to Athens, GA).
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Senior Manager, Business Excellence will be responsible for the establishment and implementation of standard processes that ensure quality targets are achieved or exceeded. At this level, the position has a greater degree of impact on the business results and typically, responsibility for managing a group of professionals.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Leads Project Portfolio Management Team, ensuring projects are developed in a way that “add up” towards achieving the organization goals. In terms of prioritization, resource allocation, performance measurement and change management plans.
- Develops and implements Business Excellence Training programs amongst others and facilitates organizational learning in partnership with the J&J Academy. Certify/ Re-certify appropriate number of Business Excellence Belts based on project needs.
- Lead plant level improvement projects including Operational Excellence from E2E and cost reduction initiatives.
- Sustains business improvement results through the application and coaching to the different levels of the organization, of Lean, Six Sigma and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Serve as Change Management champion for the sites to drive business results and sustain outcomes by driving organizational alignment through the Change Integration Process.
- Responsible for quantitative project result verification as well as verifying control plan implementation for all projects completed.
- Supports the Site/functional staff to translate strategic imperatives into specific projects, measures, and timelines that will drive execution. Create and maintain the Site/Function Strategic Imperative Translation, and monthly scorecard.
- Leverages knowledge of manufacturing principles and product costs and drivers to champion the DTV (Design to Value) process.
- Collaborate and partner with stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Offers guidance and coaches BE Engineers and COOP students as needed.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- For those who supervise or manage a staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Comply with all federally regulated programs
- Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering is required. A Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Operations Research, Applied Statistics/ Mathematics or Quality Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of applicable experience in a process improvement environment is required
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is preferred
- Proven Change Management (Change Integration Process) skills are preferred
- Strong Project Management skills, including cost/benefits analysis and leadership ability are required
- Strong Business Acumen, communication, and influencing skills are required
- Ability to successfully apply and display mastery in Business Excellence methodology (Metrics, DEx, Six Sigma & Lean) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication skills at the same or lower organization tiers without direct line authority, as well as strong negotiating and problem-solving/decision-making skills are required
- Ability to make effective management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications, and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the interrelationships of related disciplines and key activities is required
- Excellent analysis and statistical skills are preferred
- Advanced computer skills and use of software application(s) is preferred
- This position will be located in Cornelia, GA, with regular travel to the Athens, GA site, and may require up to 10% domestic & international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)