Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Molecular Virology
Requisition ID: 0883190729
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Scientist, Molecular Virology located in Rockville, Maryland.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
• The majority of your time will be spent in the laboratory conducting and participating in complex and scientifically demanding projects to build oncolytic herpesviruses within the framework of a small team.
• You will design and implement laboratory experiments under the mentorship of a Senior Scientist and provide high quality data in a timely fashion, including drafting and executing technical reports.
• You will present at group meetings and provide materials/slides for senior scientists at project or unit presentations.
• A Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences with at least six years of experience or a recent PhD with at least 3+ years (post-PhD) research experience in molecular virology or molecular biology is required.
• Ability to design, execute and interpret in vitro studies with some supervision is required
• Ability to mentor less experienced co-workers is preferred
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a dynamic environment is required.
• Experience in genetic design and molecular manipulation of HSV-1 or Vaccinia is preferred.
• Experience with genetic recombination and modification of large DNA constructs is preferred.
• Experience with recombinant antibody design is a plus but not required.
• This role is based in Rockville, MD. You must be willing and able to work out of this location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)