Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 0874180508
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting a Production Planner/Buyer, to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• The Production Planner/Buyer is responsible for updating and maintaining the actual production schedule (1-13 WK Horizon) in local scheduling tools and creating process orders as per schedule.
• This role is also responsible for the procurement of raw and packaging materials by converting the output of the Production Plan into weekly material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity of components to the production lines when needed; communicating the plan to the different suppliers within the agreed lead times.
• Ensure an optimized production schedule for the products and production lines, and optimizing the flow of materials, while considering the plant’s capacity, inventory levels and service targets.
• Optimize production schedules in accordance to customer demand and available capacity; responsibilities also include accountability for downstream replenishment and timely release for production in collaboration with local Quality Product Owner.
• Optimize customer service to avoid stock outs; identify and address all short-term supply constraints within the weekly process (long-term constraints within monthly process); analyze daily supply/demand alerts and address or escalate accordingly.
• Collaborate and partner with Operations to ensure accurate bill of materials switch dates and timely update product of specific production parameters.
• Liaise with the suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders until issues are solved.
• Interface with QA and warehouse staff regarding rejected/defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
• Liaise with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
• Provide material supplier input to the S&OP process, including delivering RCCP for material suppliers, to allow for transparency of risks and opportunities.
The Production Planner/Buyer will report to the Production Planning Manager.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 2 years of relevant business experience required
• Supply Chain Certification (APICS/ IBF) preferred
• Experience with ERP – such as SAP, Manugistics, and/or Advance Planning Systems preferred
• Data mining reporting skills through MS-excel required
• Experience with Excel specifically V-lookup and Pivot tables required
• Proficiency in MS Office, Word, PowerPoint required
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions required
• Ability to drive continuous process improvements and lead small scale projects required
• Green Belt Six-Sigma certification preferred
• Planning experience within a highly regulated environment/industry strongly desired
• This role is located in Jacksonville, FL and will require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)