Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Assay Biology - Targeted Therapeutics
Requisition ID: 0871190729
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Assay Biology, in Targeted Therapeutics, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Targeted Therapeutics group is a part of Discovery Sciences in Janssen R&D and is engaged in developing cutting edge therapeutics that require intracellular and tissue specific delivery, across the modality spectrum in partnership with Janssen therapeutic area teams. In this position, the Senior Scientist will implement and evaluate new nanotechnology platforms to enhance tissue specific delivery of nucleic acid, peptide and small molecule therapeutics. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and implementing novel nanotechnologies, characterizing physical properties and evaluating the biological activity of these platforms.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel therapeutics for unmet medical needs. The Senior Scientist will:
- Establish and lead multiple targeting platforms in cross-functional teams.
- Implement and execute assays aimed at understanding intracellular and tissue specific targeting using PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, and high content microscopy.
- Identify and implement robust nanotechnology platforms
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be capable of simultaneously leading multiple lines of research while meeting company timelines
- Collaborate effectively with both internal and external colleagues across all levels.
- Mentor associate scientists to efficiently troubleshoot technical difficulties
- Consistently produce high quality data and perform primary analysis of data
- Prepare and deliver both written and oral communications
- Generate and maintain experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner.
- A PhD degree is required, in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, cell biology, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience post-PhD is required.
- Industry research experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and implementing bioassays as related to characterizing targeted delivery systems (e.g. PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, high content microscopy) is required.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with targeted therapeutic research or formulation of nanoparticles (liposome, polymer, etc.) is preferred.
- Analytical techniques related to biophysical characterization of nanoparticles including encapsulation assays, DLS, SEC, UV, HPLC, etc. is preferred
- Applicant should be organized, self-motivated and capable of working independently and in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment is required
- Project leadership experience is preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) is required
- Strong publication record is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)