Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
National Sales Director, Enabling Technologies- United States- DePuy Synthes Sales
Requisition ID: 0857180124
JJMD Strategic Customer Group, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a National Sales Director, Enabling Technologies, position. This position can be located near any major metropolitan airport, with preference for North East location. This position will primarily focus on DePuy Synthes capital portfolio and report to VP, NA ASC & Enabling Technologies.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The role is a key leadership position that will be responsible for strategically leading a national team of Capital Equipment Sales Managers. The focus will be driving growth through Enabling Technology Solutions including Brainlab & DePuy Synthes Navigation Platforms and Care Delivery Solutions. In addition, this team will support additional capital portfolio assigned and accessed via internal and external partnerships.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and Lead a high-performance capital sales team
- Develop & Execute National Sales plan, delivering on annual business plan goals
- Work with Director of capital Equipment commercial strategy on Strategic Planning
- Provide leadership, guidance and development to team members on developing and executing regional Tactical Sales Execution plans
- Lead and support customer engagement as needed to drive capital sales. Establish relations with key customers and relevant customer stakeholders as needed in collaboration with Strategic Customer Group and field sales teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and critical business partners to develop and execute national sales strategies and tactics for all the Enabling Technology / Capital solutions
- Collaborate with Commercial Strategy Director, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Sales leadership, and other strategic partners to develop a plan of action that optimizes sales impact and takes advantage of current and future market opportunities
- Collaborate with Sr. Management to translate strategies into actionable tactics for the sales force and develop standards across the nation to measure success. Work with key field business partners to develop regional field business plans that will meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop, communicate and administer: sales forecasts, sales call plan, sales incentive plan
- Work with the local Strategic Customer Group account team, sales teams to establish relations with key customers and help develop customer focused contracting solutions
- Must develop and maintain expert level knowledge on all assigned capital equipment products and demonstrate a firm grasp of industry trends, understands market conditions, and develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition. Complete all assigned training in timely manner.
- Lead and or support discussion with potential capital equipment business partners to initiate business alliances, partnerships, co-marketing agreement and/or distribution agreements to develop a strong portfolio of product offering.
- Work with the sales training Center of Excellence to create and implement a capital sales and program overview module in DePuy Synthes sales training.
- Provide thought leadership and sharing best practices in capital equipment commercialization in collaboration with other Johnson & Johnson capital equipment business (Ethicon, Biosense Webster, ASP).
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to company business activities and Policies and Procedures of the Health Care Compliance Program and Johnson and Johnson Business Code of Conduct.
- Deliver business results through alignment with company strategies and in accordance with Health Care Compliance guidelines.
- Support the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse pool of talent at relevant levels of SCG and sales
- Capitalize on opportunities within the dynamic marketplace
- May perform other duties as assigned
Key Attributes include:
- Demonstrate a firm grasp of industry trends, understands market conditions, and develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition
- Ability to analyze sales and operations data to monitor sales progress and develop corrective plans to improve sales force effectiveness/efficiency
- Ability to analyze financial metrics of sales organization effectiveness to include budgeting, resource allocation/deployment, return on investment strategies
- Create a high-performance work environment in which there is accountability at all levels in the organization through empowerment, involvement and collaboration
- Serve as a champion for positive change and improvement
- Create an environment where new ideas, alternative strategies and innovative thinking are valued and explored, while remaining compliant to Company standards
- Talent Development: Drive mastery of requisite skills (business, selling skills, clinical understanding, territory management) within the ET Team as well as within the general sales organization by partnering with Sales Training by identifying key areas for development and assisting with the development of appropriate curriculum.
- Undergraduate degree (B.A. /B.S. required); M.B.A/Related Graduate degree is preferred.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of success with a minimum of 10 years cross functional experience in key Commercial and Sales Leadership roles including capital selling experience.
- Successful direct people management / leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated capabilities and traits for career path versatility to progress to other key roles are preferred. Ability to lead, develop, coach and engage high performing, diverse teams is required including strong influence management skills for non-direct reports.
- Very strong communication skills. Very strong demonstrated leadership skills consistent with the J&J Leadership Imperatives (Connect / Shape / Deliver / Lead).
- Demonstrated high level of commercial capabilities and clear cycles of success in prior commercial roles.
- Must have experience and high levels of competencies for capital equipment sales and complex sales cycles, including a strong understanding of Financial and Legal frameworks.
- Experience with negotiating both the Financial and Legal terms of agreements are required.
- Ability to maximize business opportunities and insights.
- Strong ability to innovate, collaborate and deliver results.
- Significant travel (approximately 60%-70%) including sales, company meetings, training and field visits.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)