Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR SCIENTIST- Method Development
Requisition ID: 0854190729
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Method Development. This position’s location will be in Fort Washington, PA and Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Scientist, Method Development will lead analytical development activities for new drug product development, including pre-formulation studies, method development and validation and stability studies. This individual will evaluate new analytical technology as required for project activities. This individual will write and review technical documents including analytical method development histories, method validation protocols and reports, and stability reports in compliance with standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements. This individual will perform troubleshooting on chromatographic instruments and perform instrumental and wet chemistry testing including titrations, HPLC, GC, FT-IR, UV and other chemical analyses as required. This individual will enter data into LIMS system and calibrate instruments per current procedures as needed.
The Senior Scientist, Method Development must also comply with company safety practices, as well as operate in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local regulations. This individual will communicate testing status and perform assigned analytical activities to support on-going projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of analytical chemistry experience OR a Master’s degree and 3 years of analytical chemistry experience OR a Ph.D. is required. A focused degree in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Chemistry is preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Experience with HPLC is required. It is preferred that this candidate have experience performing instrumental and wet chemistry testing including titrations, GC, FT-IR , UV and other chemical analyses successfully.
- Familiarity with GMPs is required.
- Strong technical writing skills and communication skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and work with minimal supervision to creatively accomplish technical tasks is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)