Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Sterility Assurance
Requisition ID: 0833190401
DePuy Synthes, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Sterility Assurance to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Scientist will represent the Sterility Assurance Department on cross-functional new product development teams, focusing on sterilization validation of the new products, and will support Manufacturing. This position may require up to 20% domestic and international travel. The Scientist responsibilities include:
- Provide input to product design for sterilizability and determine sterilization validation requirements for products to be sold sterile.
- Assess reusable devices for cleaning and sterilization validation requirements and/or equivalency to existing products.
- Manage testing with contract sterilizers and microbiology testing laboratories and will analyze data and write validation test reports
- Evaluate product or manufacturing process changes and define sterilization validation testing requirements.
- Investigate sterilization non-conformances, determine a root cause, and develop corrective actions within due dates.
- Provide sterilization technical support for audits of contract sterilizers.
- Interface with Regulatory Authorities during on-site inspections and for product submissions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering is required.
- A focused degree Microbiology is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a regulated industry is required
- Experience in at least one sterilization method is required.
- Experience and knowledge of hospital cleaning and sterilization practices is also preferred.
- Strong teamwork, written skills to write standard operating procedures, protocols and test reports, communication skills to work effectively on cross-functional project teams are required.
- Knowledge of ISO sterilization standards is strongly preferred.
- Strong results oriented and able to multi-task, along with decision-making and problem-solving skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)