Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, Regional Delivery Lead, North America
Requisition ID: 0829181220
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Regional Delivery Lead, North America to be located in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The overall mission of Global Services Procurement is to enable J&J employees, the procurement function, various business units and the 100,000+ suppliers that work for J&J through business process and technology transformations that drive disproportionate value for the patients and consumers. The organization is also at the center of the Procurement and Global Services digitization efforts across the globe, across categories, and across sectors.
This role is specifically aimed at managing the J&J employee & external partner experience via integrating and driving adoption for various services that are driven by the Global Services Procurement organization across the source to settle space (such as requisition to pay, sourcing services, contracting, etc.). J&J employees include the end users who use services rendered by Global Services Procurement and also Global Services employees who provide these services. It is our strong belief that satisfied employees are key to providing exemplary services to end users.
The Senior Director, Regional Delivery Lead will have responsibility for the following:
Laying the Vision: Defining, deploying and driving a vision for transforming internal and external partner experience in the region. Working with global delivery leaders, process leaders and the GPO to define and shape service offerings that are designed to meet and exceed the emerging business needs in the region. This will include, in many cases, framing the concepts and business case, aligning sponsorship and delivering various kinds of projects (examples: Process / Cost / Business innovation projects & policy/process changes, continuous improvements, etc.).
- Enabling the Service: Critical to the role is the ability to establish and nurture strong relationships with leadership in the region with a view to constructively influence the needs and expectations in the region. The Regional Delivery Leader will also be key to working with the local leadership to bust barriers and to ensure Global Services Procurement efforts are prioritized and adopted appropriately. This executive will be representing the region in various forums such as the Regional Leadership Council, as well as in the Procurement Regional Governance Council.
- Lead and shape the design and rollout of global services in the region for all in the Procurement Services scope.
- Manage and own the relationships with key regional stakeholders within J&J (Procurement Leadership, Business Finance / AP, Business users, etc.) and with the J&J supply base that operates in this space. Ensure requirements are known and addressed; ensure service delivery model and strategy are well understood, including scope of services, financial model, short/mid/long term vision, roadmap etc.
- Executing with excellence: responsible for coordinating and connecting the delivery of all Procurement services in the region, ensure service delivery meets standards and requirements with an emphasis on continuous improvement to exceed customer expectations. This includes, planning, managing and delivering all key business building, innovation and continuous improvement projects in the region.
- The Regional Delivery Leader will have people responsibility for the Requisition to Pay team but will also have oversight of other GS Procurement employees based in the region who may not directly report to the Regional Delivery Leader. Similarly, the Regional Delivery Leader is expected to represent all procurement services to the end users and business partners, irrespective of the reporting relationships of the individuals performing these services.
- Global Services uses a ‘hybrid’ delivery model wherein the workforce is a combination of J&J employees and associates who work for various international BPO partners providing services to J&J. The Regional Delivery Leader is accountable for the entire team delivering the service and is expected to work closely with the team managing external suppliers to continuously optimize the service.
Organizational Strategy, Building & Developing the Organization:
- Make vs. buy – analysis and execution (including leadership in defining externally sourced scope of work, quality & service standards, supplier selection, risk management, etc.)
- Establish the right structure for the internal organization.
- Participate in training both inside and outside of Procurement, while simultaneously training the larger organization on an ongoing basis.
- Develop the right succession plan.
- Take part in management reward systems and organizational development.
- Carry out appraisals and career discussions.
- Ensure compliance with all internal control guidelines for relevant processes.
- Drive Credo behavior and collaboration across entire J&J Enterprise (cross-sector and cross-region) and with external partners.
Tampa Site Responsibilities:
- Act as Procurement representative to site leadership, ensure consistent implementation of policy and process across the teams, manage seating requirements and participate in cross functional Credo activities.
- As the Procurement representative, take a leadership role at the site for all executive visitors, participate in required activities, coordinate across all procurement teams.
- Working with service delivery counterparts in Finance and HR, actively manage cross functional talent planning.
- Contracting, Sourcing, Analytics and sourcing services: While these groups may report to other members, they will maintain a ‘dotted line” into the Regional Delivery Leader.
- Functional Global Delivery & Operations: This GS Procurement organization is primarily responsible for executing the technology portfolio, managing the BPOs from a governance perspective, representing GS in various process related forums and managing special projects like mergers, acquisitions etc.
- Cross Functional Global Delivery & Operations: This is a group that manages areas like training, CI, KM, service excellence, communications, portfolio, strategy, etc.
- BU tier of procurement: This tier is responsible for the category management, supplier management and also some of the larger sourcing events. The Regional Delivery Leader ensures a unified view of all transactions in procurement (including the BU tier) to the end users / business leadership while orchestrating the various disparate groups in the background.
- Corporate tier of procurement: This group manages the policies that govern all of procurement with external stakeholders like governments, policy makers, etc. as well as talent for all the tiers. The Regional Delivery Leader will partner closely with this tier on topics like talent and external stakeholder engagement in the Tampa region.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 10 years' of Procurement, Finance or other relevant business experience is required.
- Expert level knowledge of Procurement systems and P2P processes is preferred (e.g. ARIBA Buyer, ARIBA Spend Management, eSourcing tools, VIEWS/Cognos or other data warehouse & reporting tools, SAP/Lynx & other ERP systems).
- Ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively is required (disciplined data oriented thinking to gain competitive advantage; ability to think strategically and plan for long term; show sound judgment in evaluating opportunities and ability to respond effectively to various situations via creative commercial / organizational /business interventions).
- Should be regarded as a constructive player representing procurement in various teams within the company and outside.
- Should have a strong sense of ‘customer service’ and the requisite communication skills to communicate objectives clearly and then develop the collaborative relationships both internally and externally to achieve these.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional and business leaders is key to this role.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Proven ability to learn new skills, gain mastery in new industries, being comfortable with ambiguity, and ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities.
- Good problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Identifies areas for process improvements and leads/participates in implementation
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, and the ability to work with the team in a flexible, innovative environment
- Ability to proactively build good morale and cooperation within the team under direct management and influence teams with oversight responsibility.
- Strong networking and influencing skills.
- Credo driven behavior. Model team behavior and acts as an inspiration to others related to team behavior while providing coaching and developmental opportunities.
- Understand Compliance requirements.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication skills; ability to present complex topics in a manner that are easily understood.
- Proficient in English (written and spoken), fluency in AsPac language(s) is an asset; flexibility to partner with and adapt to a diverse range of cultures and business disciplines.
- Ability to navigate a global, highly matrixed organization.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)