Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures - La Jolla, CA
Requisition ID: 0816190729
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures to be located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures will be a member of the Neuroscience Biomarkers team and will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting biomarker data related to the Mood Disorder and Neurodegenerative Disease areas. Responsibilities also include assessing and validating new biomarker technologies.
The position will focus on identifying and validating multimodal biomarker signatures aimed at diagnosis & staging, stratification, therapy response, and relapse prediction, using genetics and epigenetics data, fluid biomarkers, “omics” - phenotype associations, and neuro-functional measurements.
The Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures will provide input and results to Mood and Neurodegeneration biomarker experts in therapeutic discovery, clinical translation and clinical development.
will work with internal and external collaborators/partners/CROs, to develop
and validate biomarker signatures for mood disorders and Neurodegeneration.
S/he will interface internally with Project Scientists and Laboratory Personnel
and interact outside of the immediate group with Scientists in Neuroscience Discovery,
Quantitative Sciences, Experimental Medicine and Clinical Development, RA/QA,
Safety, Finance, Purchasing, and Contracting. S/he will interface externally
with Life science and instrument vendors, academic researchers, collaborators,
The Senior Scientist, Biomarker Signatures will work in a results-oriented environment with the goal of identifying and validating biomarker signatures in connection with therapeutic discovery projects, aimed toward clinical translation and beyond.
- A Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics/biomedical engineering/genetics and genomics or related fields is required
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Hands-on experience with data processing and analysis, statistical inference techniques, multivariate analysis and/or machine learning is required
- Experience with establishing and validating links between phenotypes and biomarker measurements, such as proteomics, genomics and imaging data is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong publication record are required.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills are required.
- The position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 20% travel.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)