Johnson & Johnson Careers
Site Leader, Anasco PR
Requisition ID: 0811181220
Johnson & Johnson Vision is currently recruiting for Senior Director, Site Leader based in Añasco, Puerto Rico.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. With the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics (AMO) in 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Site Leader directs the state-of-the-art manufacturing operation in Añasco which supplies the market with quality-assured intraocular lenses (IOLs), cartridges and pre-filled inserters, on time and at a competitive cost. Builds an environment of Business Excellence ensuring that Quality Systems and other Compliance requirements are met while demonstrating organizational excellence and continuous improvement based on the principles of the J&J Operating System. S/he develops the strategic, capital and business operating plans, including setting annual budgets and Long Term Financial Plans for the operation. Responsible for controlling costs to achieve standard cost, capital and inventory targets, the Site Leader ensures that manufacturing capacity is available to meet forecast demand and strategic plans, and that production plans and master schedules are met. Ensures the effective introduction of new products by partnering with the Value Stream Team and the cross functional product introduction team. This role is responsible for encouraging, coaching, and developing future leaders and demonstrates inspiration across a broad, highly diverse employee population. Lastly, this Executive serves as an integral part of the MAKE Surgical Vision Platform team to help drive overall business objectives.
- Collaborates with the GN (Groningen, Netherlands) site leaders and members of the Value Stream for IOLs to ensure a robust Strategic Plan is in place. This includes ensuring the short and long-range direction of the Añasco manufacturing operations are in line with the IOL technical road map, value stream Product Strategic Road map and New Product Introduction plans. Develops short and long-term priorities and expectations, and monitors performance through clear objectives and measurements. Prepares the annual financial budgets, looking at maximizing return on assets and investments, and reducing costs. Drives results to match plans and budget.
- Leads and collaborates across functions to drive development and implementation of systems, policies and procedures to achieve the global service and supply goals for the Añasco product lines. Directs plant resources, collaborating with functional leaders to gain alignment on production, materials, engineering, QA, technical services and finance to effectively focus on servicing and supplying the customer with the right products at the right time. Maintains up-to-date standards on new technology and information systems required for the continuous improvement of the operations. Continuously implements improvements.
- In collaboration with Corporate Quality Assurance, manages the Operation’s resources to effectively manufacture quality products per Añasco’s Quality System, which is fully compliant with GMP, ISO standards and Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) requirements. Ensures that regulatory requirements are met. Adheres to all regional, state and federal laws as well as all internal EHS&S and Quality, policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the IOL Value Stream Team which includes marketing, product management and R&D, actively participates in the new product development process, business and launch planning. Directs the Añasco operations resources to achieve effective new product and/or technology transfers into manufacturing. Stays abreast of new technology and developments within the industry. Leverages the resources and knowledge of the Product Support and Manufacturing for the Future Enterprise group. Ensures that current and new product manufacturing processes are stable, consistent and reliable, and develops strategies toward their continuous improvement.
- Creates and maintains a work environment of accountability, participation, open communication, and recognition. Develops the appropriate organizational structure and skills required to be successful in the achievement of strategies. Develops and coaches senior leadership and management. Provides leadership and actively participates in the Make Surgical Vision Leadership team. Demonstrates global alignment through effective working relationships with peers.
- At least twelve (12) years’ experience in an FDA regulated environment including but not limited to areas like: engineering, manufacturing, technical support, purchasing, validation, or other areas closely related to production.
- Strong exposure to quality, compliance and regulatory areas required such as: FDA, OSHA, ISO, etc.
- Experience in an assembly operation under a lean manufacturing and continuous improvement scenario is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated capability of handling multiple tasks simultaneously, exceeding or achieving expectations with each
- Strong communication skills including interaction with and ability to motivate different levels of the organization: VPs, Directors, Managers, supervisors, as well as exempt and non-exempt employees.
- In depth knowledge and proven track record in general management practices including current knowledge of organizational leadership and development.
- Must be a strategic thinker capable of providing a tangible vision and execution of that vision through the facility.
- Financial skills are required for budgeting, variance analysis and long-range planning. Basic Math & Statistics
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline, required.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline or business administration, preferred.
- Able to read, speak, and write English fluently; Fluency in Spanish language, highly desirable.
- Computer literacy, required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco-
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)