Johnson & Johnson Careers
Worldwide Product Manager – Global Strategic Marketing
Requisition ID: 0800190401
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is searching for strategic thinker for a Franchise Marketing role within its Spine Platform. The Worldwide Product Manager – Global Strategic Marketing, based in Raynham, MA (USA).
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, DePuy Synthes is more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment.
Reporting to the WW Director of Marketing, this Worldwide Product Manager will join the Global Strategic Marketing team and be responsible for a critical portion of the Minimally Invasive / Posterior Degenerative segment within the Spine Platform. Core duties are including but not limited to:
- Identifying and developing growth opportunities & collaboration strategies for degenerative spinal procedures across product lines and technologies.
- Assessing and quantifying opportunities to improve market share, product profitability and entry into new procedures/conditions,
- Implementing product portfolio strategies and program prioritization,
- Driving program management and strategy,
- Providing product development guidance,
- Creating product positioning/messaging
- Developing pricing and other promotional strategies
This position involves interaction with multi-disciplinary product development teams, New Business Development teams, and high-level surgeon advisory teams. This position necessitates work with cross-functional teams (L&A, R&D, Sales, Finance, Operations, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory, Regional marketing teams and key customers) in identifying emerging, unmet surgical needs; evaluating options; creating financial models; and providing direction for global growth opportunities to drive project progress and Spine segment growth. It requires seamless collaboration with all parties and a careful balance of efforts to ensure all process needs are met, without inappropriate dissemination of confidential information.
The Worldwide Product Manager will participate effectively as a great teammate that contributes to an incredible positive culture, holds themselves and teams to quality standards, displays knowledge and expertise of sound management/ financial practices and effectively develop, lead, and executes business plans to meet current and future needs. The individual will demonstrate effective planning and prioritization skills and establish self as an expert for product franchise and job responsibilities and will critically examine market dynamics to support strategic marketing plans with external opportunities.
You will participate and help create and drive the overall short- and long-term Spine strategy, drive new product development activities, deliver launch excellence to drive revenue for the Spine segment, as well as ensure collaboration with US & OUS Regional marketing counterparts to support forecasting models, product positioning, & launch strategies. They will develop sustainable relationships with Worldwide KOL’s, Sales, Cross-Functional, Regional Marketing, and Regional leadership.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required (Preferably in Engineering/Biomedical Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, or Technical business-related field, with an MBA being preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years total business experience in Medical Device sector is required.
- Prior orthopaedic experience is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years in medical device marketing, sales or related position is required.
- Experience managing medical device product lines including Marketing, Product Management, Product Marketing or Branding/Marketing with previous product launch experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare professionals is required.
- Demonstrated experience building strong partnerships between cross functional teams such as sales, marketing, clinical, R&D, operations, and/or other key functional stakeholders to deliver business goals is required.
- Strong communication and presentation presence as well as effective planning and prioritization skills are required.
- Ability to influence without authority, gain cross-functional support and drive business direction is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously to deliver business results is required.
This position is based in Raynham, MA and will require up to 30% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)