Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Group Engineering Senior Manager, Enabling Technologies, Digital Spine Surgery
Requisition ID: 0795180124
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Group Engineering Senior Manager, Enabling Technologies with a focus on Digital Spine Surgery, to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Group Engineering Senior Manager, Enabling Technologies will report to the Director of Enabling Technologies. The objective of the position is to make impactful contribution and directly drive technology market leadership and innovative growth for Spine in the area of Enabling Technologies: robotics, navigation, smart implants, neural monitoring, data analytics, image processing and surgical planning, while improving impact of our financials, based on business priorities. In this newly created position, the Group Engineering Senior Manager plays a critical role in the planning, the execution oversight and financial management of the technology investments and development for Enabling Technologies related to Spine and Orthopedics. The role requires a strong strategic/logical thinking and multi-functional collaboration, to shape visions and ideas into plan, and strong leadership to drive actions and execution. This role also needs a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of a technology needs and drive growth opportunities.
During the development programs, you will exercise independent discernment in managing and aligning cross-company objectives, including but not limited to working closely with internal partners (marketing, quality, regulatory, supply chain, HEMA, clinical sciences, finances etc.) and with external partners. Accountable for alignment and execution of the strategy and ensuing portfolio projects.
You will ideally have fundamental knowledge base in imaging techniques, although the emphasis in this position is on broad expertise in applied computer and engineering sciences as a member of a larger team, complimented by others who have true expertise in Spine treatment. The Senior Manager is a key contributor to success of the department and achieving overall goals & objectives.
Specific responsibilities of the Group Senior Manager, Enabling Technologies include:
- Drive the creation and prioritization of the portfolio of technology investments
- Lead portfolio and execution of projects: plans and leads significant projects with technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating achievements and seamless transfer of projects to external partners or to new product development teams.
- Drive design, implementation and evaluation of image guided medical devices consisting of complex, integrated hardware and software systems intended for the image acquisition, diagnosis processing and analysis of physiologic signals.
- Drive system design across breadth of engineering organization, while contributing with deep technical expertise in at least one area of Electrical, System or Software Engineering.
- Generate and lead timelines, resources, and budgets for completion of assigned projects.
- Lead / participate in specific algorithm, electrical, mechanical or software designs depending on background and expertise.
- Lead in identification and subsequent interactions and development activities with External partners who bring essential collaborative technologies and capabilities, and assess their integration fitness and aptitude.
- Drive evidence generation projects as assigned and coordinate interactions with HCP’s.
- You will design innovative system solutions for diagnosis and for minimal invasive surgical procedures; lead multi-functional project teams to commercialize products and help to improve or establish design and engineering methodologies.
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of device engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments, guiding System Architecture design and the development of systems and tools that meet and exceed surgeon and patient needs, in Spine and other orthopedic domains with the initial emphasis on navigated robotic surgery as well as devices for detecting and evaluating soft tissue structures in the spine during surgical treatment.
- Lead teams/projects while fostering a dynamic and globally oriented culture of responsible experimentation, willingness to fail, bold “out of the box” thinking, collaboration, focused alignment to innovation timelines, and self-starting attitude.
- Demonstrates capabilities within J&J’s Medical Device sector and throughout J&J in bringing novel concepts to maturity. Leverages J&J resources and knowledgebase to identify internal and key external technologies and potential partners.
- Collaborates with other New Technology teams in the US and Overseas in the creation of novel concepts and the disruptive redirection of existing technologies.
- Understand technological advancements, differentiating features, environmental changes, reimbursement, key competitor’s offerings; and provide analysis on technological feasibility, I/P landscape, risk assessment, and sales and market considerations to meet business objectives.
- Good understanding of current market landscape for Orthopedic Digital Surgery.
- Closely collaborate with KOLs and broad customer base to understand clinical and technical needs.
- Support GSM (global strategic marketing) in development of go-to-market strategy.
- Ability to pivot focus and dynamically respond to shifting priorities.
- Continuous demonstration of leadership, integrity, ethics, resource development and inspiration for the team and organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Sciences or related discipline along with a minimum of 12 years of experience is required.
- If you hold a related Master’s Degree and 9 years of experience and/or a related PhD and 6 years of industry/professional experience you will be considered for this role.
- Prior management experience, providing leadership, motivating teams and developing resources required.
- Experience in highly regulated industry is required; medical device industry is preferred.
- Previous experience with product development from concept to commercial launch is required.
- Experience in Digital Surgery innovation in software/hardware development and product development setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions and expertise in building and maintaining relationships with internal / external partners is highly preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Computer Science or Engineering fundamentals in hardware, software algorithm design, problem solving, system engineering, and complexity analysis highly preferred.
- Extensive breadth of experience and a strong working knowledge in at least 3 of the 8 Competencies is required:
- Systems Architecture
- Software Engineering
- Graphics & Human Interface
- Sensory Technology
- Experience in Spine related field with knowledge and experience with spinal pathologies and treatment alternatives is a plus.
- Position requires approximately 15% travel including international and the position is based in Raynham, MA.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)