Johnson & Johnson Careers
SYNTHETIC ORGANIC CHEMISTRY UNDERGRADUATE INTERN
Requisition ID: 0793181220
Janssen Research and Development, a member of the Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting an undergraduate student for a synthetic organic chemistry intern position. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies develop and market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Discovery Chemistry group located in La Jolla, CA. The internship program is focused on providing undergraduate college students an opportunity to learn about the role of organic chemistry in the drug discovery process.
The synthetic organic chemistry intern will:
- work collaboratively with a senior scientist
- synthesize, purify, and characterize novel structures
- participate in ongoing project team meetings
- be exposed to various other functions within the drug discovery teams at Janssen
- be based in La Jolla, CA (San Diego, CA)
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a B.S. degree in a field related to the chemical sciences
- Completed introductory organic laboratory and coursework
- Familiar with modern spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC)
- Prior undergraduate research experience (outside of standard curriculum) preferred
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be available to work 40 hours/week
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.2 is strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)