Johnson & Johnson Careers
NPI Supply Chain Operations Leader, Spine
Requisition ID: 0787180507
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a NPI Supply Chain Operations Leader, Spine to support the Spine franchise unit at the Raynham, MA facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine, Neurological, Craniomaxillofacial, Power Tools and Biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This individual will be part of the DePuy Synthes Supply Chain Product Management (SCPM) group. He/she will use knowledge of project management, enterprise-wide supply chains, knowledge of manufacturing operations to function as an integral member of a development team devoted to a sustainable world-class manufacturing & supply chain operations supporting key strategic NPI projects. Ensures continuity of supply by leading and participating in complex projects that require influencing and supporting cross-functional teams such as: R&D, Quality Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing, Plan, Make, External Operations and Environmental/Safety that drives the development and implementation of Business Continuity Plans to mitigate against manufacturing and/or Supplier launch delays and long term product supply disruption risks.
• Candidates will actively participate in activities/deliverables, project plan development, updates to management and other core team activities to help establish project direction to ensure total team success.
• Will provide operations inputs into the design of new product to ensure product is designed to meet business metrics including cost and gross profit margins.
• Participate in identifying, influencing, selecting and qualifying suppliers. Collaborate with internal functions and suppliers to finalize product design, material selection & process selection. Participate in assessing supplier robustness and collaborate on process excellence initiatives for continuous improvement.
• Facilitate the creation of commercial supply agreements to support program needs ensuring all key operations and manufacturing requirements are adequately addressed. Obtain necessary consensus by leading trade-off discussions and prioritization activities on contracts. Understands demand planning and works with internal and external teams to develop capacity plans for scale up including requirements for capital and validation expenses.
• Support the resource planning, scale up requirements and head count requirements for manufacturing internally and externally. Participates or leads strategic decision making process including make vs. buy analysis, site selection decisions, and makes balanced recommendations to management with regard to short term and long terms program objectives.
• Contribute to decision-making in key areas of the project including financial, marketing, planning, quality and design. Ensure all areas of the supply chain (Make, Buy and Plan) are involved and engaged throughout the project lifecycle, providing two way communications between project teams and supply chain functions. Assignments will typically be of high complexity and impact to organization.
• This position requires a minimum of 6 years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain Management or 4 years of experience with a MS or MBA.
• Candidates are required to possess demonstrated experience in new product launches in navigating within matrixed organizations and complex supply chain models.
• Candidates are required to possess demonstrated experience in the development and execution of project plans.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to translate complex issues easily for others to understand and the ability to prepare communications for project teams and Senior Management are required.
• Strong time management, budget, and program management skills are also required.
• The ability to lead teams and influence others is required, including the ability to function in multi-cultural environments.
• Manufacturing experience in a regulated industry along with cost and capacity modeling for new and existing products is a requirement.
• Experience with MS Office Suite, MS Project, and ERP systems is required.
• Process Excellence / LEAN experience or certification preferred
• PMP and/or FPX training preferred
• This position requires up to 10-20% of Domestic and International travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)