Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Ligand Binding Assay Analysis
Requisition ID: 0778180827
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is hiring an Senior Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is a technical scientific position within the Biologics Development Sciences (BDS) Bioanalysis and Late Development Outsourcing (BaLDO) group. The BaLDO group is responsible for conducting bioanalytical methods related to large molecule biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of J&J, spanning non-clinical studies to post-market clinical development.
The Specialty Bioanalysis group within the BaLDO group performs the STAT (quick-turnaround) bioanalysis of clinical samples to evaluate the PK/ADA/TE of new biological therapeutics. This bioanalyst position is predominantly laboratory-based but may have some non-laboratory-based responsibilities.
The Senior Associate Scientist serving as the Bioanalyst will:
- Be a key contributor to strategic project planning for complex bioanalytical efforts.
- Directly participate in the delivery of broader research efforts by acting as a flexible resource, supporting other functional areas and providing scientific input (e.g. assist Assay Development, Validation and troubleshooting).
- Train and mentor junior analysts in technical and scientific aspects of processes, techniques or tasks (e.g. guide in decision making, explain how equipment works, provide in-depth descriptions of a method).
- Independently identify and test recommendations for improving standard processes/procedures (e.g. identify the issue, propose solutions, and may implement change).
- Run bioanalysis independently based on supervisor’s directive
- Independently prepare samples and perform assay steps manually or via Hamilton Liquid Automation
- Track samples and reagents appropriately in Watson Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) or Mosaic reagent management system
- Critically review and interpret bioanalytical data (including the review of ELN experiments for peers and junior analysts)
- Provide input for scientific experiments, analyze data and identify problems with scientific experiments in their own work or during peer review of colleague’s experiments. Propose experiments for troubleshooting/identifying root cause.
- Import and evaluate (regress) analytical run data, select results and assess plate acceptance (pass/fail)
- Identify samples for subsequent/repeat analysis
- Maintain real-time documentation of experimental data in all applicable systems (Symyx ELN, Mosaic, Watson LIMS, OpenLab)
- Contribute bioanalytical expertise to the development of relevant systems or suggest improvements to these systems
- Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Incurred Sample Reproducibility (ISR) plans and ISR reports
- Independently troubleshoot equipment errors/issues and remediate
- Maintain Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) compliance for all work and documentation
- B.S./B.A. with 9 years of relevant experience OR M.S. with 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with MesoScale Discovery, Hamilton Liquid Automation platforms, Watson Laboratory Information System and an electronic notebook are required
- Experience with GYROS is preferred
- Experience running ligand binding assays is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)