Johnson & Johnson Careers
DEVICE DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Requisition ID: 0776190410
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Device Development Intern. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Primary Container & Devices (PC&D) group within the Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) division of Janssen R&D. The PC&D group supports Janssen R&D by developing optimal drug delivery devices approved for use in patients for both clinical studies and commercialization. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical device engineering experience including prototyping and laboratory testing.
The Device Development Intern will:
- work collaboratively with PC&D staff supporting ongoing device development projects.
- assist with activities associated with device design, prototyping (including 3D printing) and mechanical testing.
- participate in ongoing project team meetings and assist with technical document writing.
- be exposed to other functions within the larger PDMS group.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week).
- Students who have completed three years of college coursework year will be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional competency in SolidWorks (or another solid modeling CAD program) and Minitab (or another statistical analysis program) are highly desirable.
- Candidates with hands on research laboratory and testing experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)