Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR
Requisition ID: 0769190401
Senior Scientific Director, Nonclinical Safety Project Leader
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientific Director, Nonclinical Safety Project Leader located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientific Director, Nonclinical Safety (NCS) Project Leader will provide toxicology leadership for all aspects of discovery and development projects. You will collaborate with discovery scientists to nominate the best molecules for development and with development teams to rapidly bring these molecules to global registration. This candidate will bring to bear the global NCS scientific community to address significant scientific issues for discovery/development projects using heart, science and ingenuity.
- You will lead NCS projects on global discovery and development teams, being the single point of contact within NCS and the interface between Therapeutic Areas and global NCS management
- Lead the development of the NCS strategic plan as well as building NCS project plans (includes activities, resource requirements, budget and timelines) for complex global programs
- You may represent NCS on Disease and Therapeutic Area portfolio governance bodies
- Influence the initiation, development and termination of projects in a timely manner
- Inspire others to think outside the box and coaches others on integrating new or alternative research approaches with unconventional ways to improve toxicological research
- Accountable for all global regulatory nonclinical documents (e.g. IB, CTA/IND, NDA/MAA, CTD and responses to regulatory agencies) and representing NCS at meetings with global regulatory authorities
- Initiate and drive key external NCS scientific partnerships across multiple, critical projects to realize synergies
- Responsible for due diligence activities on potential L&A opportunities and engages J&J Innovation Centers to support nonclinical safety needs
- You will have a PhD in toxicology, pharmacology or related discipline or a DVM/VMD, with at least 15 years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- You may be a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT)
- You have worked as a Study Director/Study Monitor, as well as in supervisory roles, conducting/monitoring toxicology studies under Good Laboratory Practice regulations
- You have previous leadership experience (connecting, crafting, mentoring, leading, delivering) in a matrix environment
- Record of success developing different therapeutic modalities such as small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies is required
- Experience representing toxicology/nonclinical safety on teams is required
- Creative publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Up to 10 % domestic and international travel
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)