Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Research Scientist
Requisition ID: 0768180906
The Sr. Research Scientist provides critical data analysis and preclinical support for new product development projects. The main responsibilities include gathering and generating literature, preclinical, and clinical data to support the evidence strategy for new clinical claims and product characterization.
Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of heart rhythm disorders. The company developed the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, and the first electrophysiology catheter.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Analyze clinical case log files to draw conclusions on recommendations for workflow parameters
- Use coding to help automate large data sets
- Perform literature reviews and distill information into easily digestible executive summaries
- Independently identifies data outliers, prepares data for statistical analysis for in-vivo study data
- Assists in in-vivo protocol execution, may develop or be a part of developing new processes/test fixtures or methods for medical device testing
- Interfaces with internal customers.
- Produce mathematical and computational modeling of cardiac systems using electromechanical design and controls
- Has a working knowledge of good laboratory practices and operating room procedures
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- PhD in the Sciences or Engineering or equivalent in an accredited Laboratory Science program is required
- 5+ years of Laboratory experience (Industry and/or Hospital); and/or related medical device development experience and/or training is required
- Strong working knowledge with all of the programs listed: Microsoft office (specifically Excel and PowerPoint), statistical analysis tools such as SAS or Minitab, and working knowledge of Mathematical modeling MatLab software is required
- Experience in working with soft tissue (handling, histology and fixation, including staining and dissection) is required
- Experience with Bioinstrumentation laboratory equipment is required
- Experience in working with large animal and bench top models is required
- Computer skills are required
- Good written and oral English communication skills are required
- Experience in cardiac biophysics, anatomy, and electrophysiology is preferred
- This role is located in Irwindale, CA and domestic travel will be required up to 30% of the time.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and
ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)