Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scrum Master
Requisition ID: 0765181220
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Senior Scrum Master in our Joint Reconstruction organization, located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role you will work alongside developers and product owners on software engineering projects. You will emphasize value creation and rigorous alignment to quality standards. In protecting the team from outside interference, you will ensure that developers can retain this commitment to excellence.
This position will have a focus on team dynamics and communication between individuals as well as leading other Scrum Masters. You will use reporting and metrics as positive indicators of the team’s capabilities and maturity. Scrum ceremonies are used to facilitate communication between members of the team (Sprint Retrospectives) and between the team and the product stakeholders (Sprint Review). This role will act to ensure communication is efficient and participation is broad and will coach the team in using JIRA and Confluence for managing and documenting development work.
This individual will advocate for proper Agile implementation as well as extending understanding of Agile within the group and to other business stakeholders.
The individual will have delivery-focused responsibilities guiding software engineers, bioengineers, UI/UX developers, and software testers in the execution and completion of project activities to meet key milestones, quality and budget targets.
- Providing oversight and management of multiple projects across the department
- Working with product owners to deliver business value sprint after sprint
- Lead other Scrum Masters and delivery of work-products across several scrum teams
- Coaching the team on Agile practices in the context of the Scrum framework
- Guiding the team to self-organize and problem-solve
- Fill in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework with other Agile techniques
- Help the team find a sustainable pace, work with the team on developing useful estimation techniques
- Removing impediments to development. Building trust and open lines of communication so impediments are readily identified
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or instructing the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and circulating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to maintaining the product backlog
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; A Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of broad experience in software development and technology services is required.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team is required.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) is required. Additional certifications are preferred.
- Experience within a large enterprise, global organization is preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare technology or in a regulated environment is preferred.
- Broad technical delivery experience is required.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and/or handling project portfolio oversight is highly preferred.
- Flexibility to working on combination projects that include software and hardware with the ability to hybridize scrum methodologies to accommodate this mixed deliverable required.
- Experience applying Scrum principles, practice and theory for embedded software or software medical devices is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with other Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games is preferred.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant-leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency is required.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.) is required.
- This position may require up to 15% travel and will be located in Warsaw, IN.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)