Patriot Pharmaceuticals, LLC is a subsidiary of Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and is responsible for the commercialization of authorized generics for various Janssen pharmaceutical products. Patriot provides sales, commercial support, and contract management for those products in the authorized generic portfolio that are sold to trade and government customers.
The company is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Manager, Contract Administration within Patriot Pharmaceuticals located in Horsham, PA.
This position is responsible for contract management and administration for authorized generic products that are sold to various customer accounts in all channels including: retail chains, wholesalers, mail order, government, independent buying groups, group purchasing organizations, and long-term care organizations. Contract management and administration within the Patriot organization includes: negotiating or modifying customer contracts and terms/conditions with Patriot customers; developing offer sheets, term sheets, and contract amendments as required; reviewing activated contracts, amendments, and shelf stock adjustments; investigating chargeback errors and deductions; working with sales account directors to manage ROFRs and RFPs submitted by customers; developing pricing strategies, offers, and specific pricing that will populate pricing grids with commercial minimums – these grids are brought to the Patriot Pricing Committee by Contract Administration for review and approval; and validating customer compliance with contracts.
This Senior Manager position requires maintaining an active relationship with the Government contracting team and ensuring that the government team members are current with Patriot business activities and providing critical information used to secure/maintain government contracts for Patriot products.
The Senior Manager is a leadership role within the Patriot staff and provides on-going support for the Patriot team. This position provides direct and indirect sales reports, customer reports, and feedback so that Sales Account Directors have vital information to manage trade accounts while balancing home office activity such as project management, purchase orders, service agreements, launch support, and Patriot customer service phone lines. The Senior Manager will play an active role in the development and confirmation of the various Patriot business plans throughout the strategic and financial business planning cycles. Additionally, this position will manage ad hoc projects as assigned by Patriot or Commercial senior leaders and will ensure appropriate/timely responses to inquiries from Account Management, J&J Operating Companies, and external companies.
The Senior Manager will ensure all rebate payments processed by the team are made accurately and timely according to the contractual obligations, Corporate Internal Audit, Sarbanes Oxley, and Johnson & Johnson HCS standards.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for organizing and leading cross-company and inter-company process improvement initiatives, compliance management and reviews, process integration initiatives, and relationships with Operating Company partners and external customers.
This individual will utilize process metrics to drive business results, demonstrate working knowledge of all IT systems and tools used to load/maintain contracts, and process any claims or adjustments. Additionally, this individual will conduct system assessments and work with the Commercial Contracting Initiative team to implement project plans for system enhancements/upgrades.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in an analytical area
- An MBA, CPA, advanced degree or certification is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of pharmaceutical contract management/administration experience with knowledge of contracting/associated business practices is required
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive business experience in finance, accounting, sales, marketing, government pricing, contracting or other related area is required
- A minimum of 5 years of increasing leadership responsibility is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMPs is required
- Significant ability to influence and lead management, business partners, and peers with limited or no direct authority is critical
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to lead complex projects is required
- Strong audit, compliance, and/or financial skills, and experience with implementing/ monitoring internal controls is highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office is required, particularly with spreadsheet software
- Strong interpersonal and interdependent partnering skills are required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are required
- Ability to be creative and work autonomously is required
- Knowledge of guidance documents related to contracting and federal pricing calculations, such as AMP, ASP and 340B is highly desirable
- The successful candidate must possess excellent communication and presentation skills - strong presentation skills up and across organization preferred
- Experience managing people is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to address/resolve issues and conflicts by communicating difficult information tactfully/diplomatically is also required.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, hands-on professional with initiative
- Ability to review and synthesize complex data and implement related business processes is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Patriot Pharmaceuticals LLC (6124)