Johnson & Johnson Careers
Executive Search Principal Recruiter
Requisition ID: 0744180507
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an Executive Search Principal Recruiter within the Johnson & Johnson Corporate Services organization to be located in New Brunswick, NJ, Raritan, NJ, Spring house PA, Irvine, CA, San Francisco CA, Skillman NJ, or Somerville NJ and reports directly to Executive Search Lead. This role may support the Corporate, Consumer, Supply Chain, Medical Device, or Pharmaceutical sector.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Search Principal Recruiter will support one or more of J&J sectors/functions and be responsible for designing and conducting research and execute searches for Senior Director and above roles.
You will not only personally execute the searches across the designated business groups, but also select and partner closely with retained executive search partners to ensure that we have the leadership bench strength to drive effective and efficient succession management. You will have the opportunity to work with the Executive Search Leadership Team, the Talent Management teams, Total rewards, hiring managers and senior HR team and play a key role in building out the Executive Search delivery model. At this level, you will have a greater degree of impact on the implementation of strategies of the Executive Search model.
- Understand the business strategy, its talent pipeline, and guide the overall aligned talent strategy to deliver on the executive recruiting strategy and talent needs.
- Design and conduct search strategies to attract highly skilled and credentialed candidates. This includes identifying talent gaps in partnership with hiring managers, developing job descriptions, search strategies and target lists.
- Prepare for search kick-off meetings, including crafting a drafted target list, researching industry and relevant products and preparing “get smart” materials.
- Set and lead the research strategy by identifying and keeping the potential candidate pipeline filled throughout the search process.
- Cultivate a professional reputation among the senior executive community through deep market expertise and vast professional network.
- Lead and execute talent market surveys to identify potential external successors for key executive positions.
- Screen potential candidates and recommend, in writing, prospects who should be interviewed by the hiring team.
- Enter all research generated for each search into the search management database. Assist in the preparation of written documentation to internal clients and candidates.
- Network, assess, and build trusted relationships with senior industry leaders, strengthening your personal network and employer brand.
- Partner with HR leaders to assist with transition and onboarding for new executives.
- Embrace an agile mindset and maintain understanding of creative recruitment tools, technologies and the best methodologies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A masters’ degree with a concentration in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management and/or Business is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ direct, relevant and recent experience in recruiting executives in either a retained search firm, agency or corporation is required.
- A proven track record in developing and executing creative candidate identification strategies that result in identification and delivery of high-caliber, highly compensated executives is required.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse individuals and ability to negotiate and advise on complex compensation packages is required.
- Strong Microsoft office knowledge (Word, Excel and PPT), applicant tracking systems (i.e. TALEO) and search management systems (Encore, Filefinder or Avature, etc) are required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), influencing, and negotiation skills are required.
- Experience in full life cycle executive recruitment from sourcing to closing is required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail is required.
- Excellent talent assessment and interviewing skills are required.
- Strong business acumen with a thirst for business knowledge is required.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and make decisions in a business context is required.
- Experience in consumer, medical device, pharmaceuticals or corporate functional recruiting is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in a search firm preferred.
- Background in influencing senior business leaders, HR leaders and candidates are required.
- This role will require up to 10% international and domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-California-San Francisco, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson (6067)