Johnson & Johnson Careers
HEAD OF VIROLOGY
Requisition ID: 0743180828
Jansen BioPharma, Inc., a member of
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientific Director,
located in South San Francisco, CA, and willrequire up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including: oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
The Scientific Director, will report to the Head of Discovery and will be responsible for virology activities supporting the R&D of antiviral programs. This Scientific Director will lead, prioritize and expand antiviral (respiratory and hepatitis discovery strategy and drug development activities. This may include project leadership responsibilities. In addition, this position will play an important role in clinical development, clinical virology and biomarker activities in the advancement of compounds from discovery to early clinical studies. This role will also serve as the external KOL (key opinion leader) engagement and technical expert on antiviral programs, and act as Therapeutic Area liaison with the Discovery Sciences group.
Program/Project Leadership and Execution Scientific Leader:
• Leads drug development within a region, function and therapeutic area, and is part of a cross-functional and global team
• Sets & monitors priorities, budget, timeline and resources for team/project(s)
• Influences the initiation, development and termination of projects in a timely manner
• Inspires others to think outside the box and coaches others on integrating new
or alternative research approaches with unconventional ways to improve research
• Initiates and drives key external scientific partnerships across multiple, critical projects
• Advises on current procedures and assesses potential improvements across departments
• Advises on the evaluation and validation of the most effective technology for use cross-functional/therapeutic areas
• Implements the use of state-of-the-art technology to remain cross-functionally competitive
Information Management and Communication
• Directs and advises on the submission of patents, regulatory documents and/or scientific
• Drives the accurate review and approval of research documents across
• Communicates project updates and milestones to key leaders from a technical perspective
• Expands external scientific visibility and reputation of J&J by driving publications andleading scientific seminars and discussion forums
- Ph.D. degree with postdoctoral experience and greater than 10+ years business experience is required
- Proven track record in leading a scientific team(s) and direct and/or indirect people management experience
- Experience of managing early stage programs within the industry or as a clinical investigator is required.
- Experience in the areas of hepatology (particularly chronic hepatitis B) and/or acute respiratory viral infections (particularly influenza or RSV) and/or HIV is preferred.
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)