DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Staff R&D Engineer, Life Cycle Management – Mitek Sports Medicine to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we have created one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Staff R&D Engineer, Life Cycle Management will:
- Be responsible for the technical design, development and maintenance of surgical implants, instrumentation, and procedural solutions for arthroscopic soft tissue repair
- Be a key leader & contributor on a project core team identifying ways to bring the highest quality products to market in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Develop innovative solutions through computer aided design (CAD, Creo Preferred), utilizing detailed mechanism design with a focus on small parts.
- Resolve product and process non-conformances and maintaining product continuity in the market.
- Design products with an understanding of design for manufacturability, including injection molding, extrusion, machining, and 3D printing processes.
- Be able to work independently, as well as with peers and teammates to solve complex problems and make risk-based decisions utilizing engineering tools and data analysis.
- Be able prioritize tasks, balance multiple priorities, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work closely with surgeon customers to define key user needs, generate working design concepts & prototypes, conduct design evaluations (such as tolerance analysis, FEA, simulated use testing, etc.), and execute product validation and verification plans and testing.
- Analyze test data and communicate design decisions based on test results.
- Develop a high clinical acumen, expert knowledge of our product lines, detailed knowledge of various orthopedic pathologies, and will be an active participant in gathering input from medical professionals and other clinical experts.
- Possess strong organizational skills to support all aspects of the project management functions including scope definition, budgeting, and contingency planning.
This position is located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel including international.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required along with a minimum of 8 years engineering and/or Product Development experience in a regulated industry. If you hold a MS or ME along with a minimum of 6 years Engineering and/or Product Development experience in a regulated industry you may also be considered.
- Meaningful experience working in a cross functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
The ability and willingness to work with cadavers and within an Operating Room (OR) setting.
- Medical Device or Orthopedics experience.
- A successful track record of leading and influencing others without authority, and solid negotiating skills to bring products from concept to launch.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of mechanisms, materials, proper tolerancing, drafting standards, and GD&T is preferred. The ideal candidate will be a “Hands on Engineer.”
- Baseline knowledge of reviewing and assessing patents and other forms of intellectual property.
- Previous project management experience.
- The ability to look beyond conventional solutions and think innovatively to solve complex problems.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)