Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 0731180827
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for the West Coast Development Program located in Irwindale, CA. The West Coast Development Program is a rotational program where technical specialist will be provided rotational opportunities within Research & Development, Quality, and/or Operations within our CSS Group. This position is designed for a new college hire, candidates must be recent college graduates and have graduated within 12 months of the position start date.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, Neurovascular, and Reprocessing. The CSS Group is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our priority and these values are reflected in Our Credo, which guides our daily decisions and actions. Our relentless commitment to Quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant breakthroughs in the healthcare industry and continues to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
If you want to work with a dynamic team in a dynamic, challenging and highly harmonious environment passionate about delivering market-leading innovations worldwide, we invite you to learn more about the CSS Group and our Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Our therapies touch the lives of millions of patients every year and our robust and innovative pipeline continues to deliver on the promise of impacting even more patient lives. Be part of a growing organization that is focused on providing exciting opportunities for employees to expand their knowledge, skills and experience to help ensure continued career growth and development. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admired corporations in the world.
As a potential participant in the West Coast Development Program you will:
- Be an integral member of a team working within the R&D, Quality, and Operations departments to develop, design, validate, start up, and improve operations that deliver extraordinary medical devices.
- Be involved with new product design, product quality, production operations, supplier materials or components, and meeting cost and performance objectives.
- Provide input to concept selection, product characterization, detailed design, test development and evaluations to mitigate potential failure modes.
- Partner with component suppliers, and external manufacturing organizations to reduce the cycle time from idea generation to product development/modification to production, ensuring the company is first-to-market on new product innovations and product enhancements.
- Develop production processes applying appropriate premier manufacturing concepts, and design, validate and startup operations that meet team objectives for product quality, cost and performance.
- Ensure suppliers are properly selected and work with suppliers and designers to finalize product design, material selection and final process selection.
- Work with the suppliers to improve new product development by improving manufacturing design, enhancing process capabilities, and developing lean, robust, long-term processes to make extraordinary products.
- Use your multi-functional leadership and technical aptitude/skills to effectively work with other specialists and groups and your communication skills to influence groups throughout the organization, as well as potentially external organizations.
- Use your project management skills to handle the complex issues surrounding new product development efforts, and your leadership skills to drive success across the organization.
If you are passionate about these opportunities, we urge you to apply below.
- You are a new college graduate, graduating no more than 12 months prior to your start date, with a with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (e.g., BS, MS) in one of the following engineering disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical, or a closely related field.
- Possess previous co-op, internship or work experience and demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also strongly preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States and not require sponsorship in the future
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)