Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) Developer, Healthcare Technology
Requisition ID: 0723180124
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) Developer, Healthcare Technology to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible teams building applications for our Digital Health line of business. The position will be located in Providence, RI.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Johnson & Johnson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The EDL developer will play a key role in the development of Analytics solutions in Data Lake / Hadoop environments. The individual is responsible for research, iterative design, experimentation, and software development.
- Hands-on experience with end-end solution delivery of Data & Analytics applications involving structured and un-structured data on Hadoop based platforms, such as Cloudera and AWS EMR, is essential.
- Programming experience is required, Java is most preferred. Experience with Scala and functional programming is useful
- Experience with Linux-based systems required. Working knowledge of command line tools is needed.
- Ability to code in scripting languages such as bash or Python is required.
- Working knowledge of tools like Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Spark, Oozie, Hive and Impala is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica and/or Talend is preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in using visualization tools like Tableau and Qlik preferred.
- Experience integrating Data Lakes with relational databases like PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift or Teradata would be strongly valued.
- A commitment to a development workflow that includes continuous integration, unit tests, and using automation to ensure stable deliverables is needed.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team that is both co-located and remote.
- Experience working on a multicultural development team is helpful.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and quickly growing startup-like environment.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile Development processes is preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, git/Bitbucket, Confluence or equivalent tools is preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts and tools like Jenkins, SonarQube, Selenium, etc is preferred.
- Experience with data lineage, data profiler and metadata management tools and processes is preferred.
- Self-motivated, driven to achieve committed milestones.
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to mentor and be mentored.
- BS or MS degree in Computer science or equivalent.
- 5 years professional software development experience is highly preferred.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)