Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Business (competitive) Intelligence Oncology, located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager, Business (competitive) Intelligence is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational action within the Janssen Biotech, Inc. Oncology Business Unit.
This position will partner closely with brand teams, and cross functional partners while serving as an internal consultant to the Marketing & Sales teams. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results. This role will lead comprehensive business intelligence plans designed to communicate the impact of competitive and environmental insights on brand strategies and business plans.
- Create & implement comprehensive business intelligence plans (including alerts, timelines, and competitive simulations) designed to communicate the impact of competitive and environmental insights on brand and franchise strategies and plans
- Be accountable for conducting research and business intelligence activities in a compliant manner
- Integrate business intelligence and primary research insights with analytical insights developed by peers across the Commercial Insight & Strategy (CIS) team (forecasting, market research and integrated analytics) for the Oncology Franchise and translate these into business impact
- Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies. Design and execute search strategies for secondary sources to monitor business and clinical development environment
- Focus on key business & intelligence questions/issues and frame business problems into research plans
- Responsible for designing and executing search strategies for secondary sources to monitor business and clinical development environment. Collect, analyze, archive, and report information by systematically using a variety of internal and external sources to support the BI needs of the organization
- Lead business intelligence collection with field, acting as a key liaison and designing and managing processes to collect, interpret and deliver field intelligence to provide business insights and impact brand strategies.
- Provide strategic input to help shape business plans and brand strategies across both new indications and established indications
- Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies
- Act with speed, agility and accountability
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact
- Present complex issues in a clear and persuasive manner, effectively communicating recommendations to cross-functional teams and brand team
- Take personal accountability for making Credo-based decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture
- BA/BS required; Advanced degree desirable. A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience in business (competitive) intelligence, market research, marketing, sales, business analytics, strategic planning, or management consulting. Note, prior business (competitive) intelligence experience is preferred
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Oncology experience is preferred but not required
- Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence franchise/brand level decisions and strategies are required
This position is based in Horsham, PA and requires up to 20% travel, including some weekend travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (6062)