Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, ONCOLOGY, Real World Value & Evidence (formerly HECOR)
Requisition ID: 0709180827
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
In the current environment of US healthcare with a prominent focus placed on efficiency and affordability, ensuring patient access to innovative treatments is foremost important but increasingly challenging. In this challenging environment, Real World Value & Evidence (RWV&E) organization must ensure robust payer insights, unrivaled value evidence, payer-centric and timely real world data analytics, and flawless and impactful communication of the value of Janssen’s innovations for payers and the society.
This role of Inhouse Therapeutic Area (TA) Lead is at the heart of realizing RWV&E’s vision for market access excellence. The RWV&E TA Lead for each franchise is in charge of and fully accountable for the totality of Value & Evidence strategies and execution for the assigned franchise (ONCOLOGY) and its portfolio of products.
Three broad areas of responsibilities include:
(1) Utilize deep methodological and substantive expertise to direct/ oversee RWV&E Inhouse activites and deliverables within the assigned TA. Be accountable for quality, strategic alignment, and compliance in all aspects of the team’s operation within RWV&E.
(2) Lead change by partnering broadly and effectively (e.g, within RWV&E, JSA, SCG, Brand Marketing, MAF, GCSO, CE, external organizations, etc.) to enable Janssen to build the best-in-class market access capabilities, where RWV&E serves as the trusted, competent scientific strategist for all matters related to market access.
Lead a team of inhouse researchers through strategic direction, hiring, training, development and performance management, while managing study budget.
(3) Lead a team of inhouse researchers through strategic direction, hiring, training, development and performance management, while managing study budget.
• RWV&E activities this role is held accountable for include but are not limited to: formulating key research questions, identifying key analytical questions to shape market access strategy, designing and conducting studies, planning and conducting market access analytics, managing publications, developing communication materials (e.g., Evidence & Access decks), and partnering with RWV&E FIELD to ensure effective and compliant communication to payer customers.
• Inspire the team and beyond to champion the organizational effort toward market access excellence.
• Serve as a leader on the assigned cross-functional franchise teams pertatining to observational data or research, market access scientific strategy, payer insights/ data needs, etc.
• Ensure payer value proposition is well validated and effectively communicated across key stakeholders.
• Build and foster external relationships with throught leaders, value assessors, and research partners.
• Identify and tap into innovative opportunites in evidence generation, advanced analytics, and business processes.
• Ensure US payer insights’ integration into pipeline products by partnering GCSO.
• Actively manage its performance by creating developmental plans and facilitating growth opportunities.
• Responsible for developing, requesting, and managing the TA budget for evidence generation and market access analytics and related activities.
• A master’s degree in health economics, statistics, health policy or related field is required. A doctorate is preferred.
• A minimum 10 years of experience in the pharm or healthcare industry, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions.
• Experience in oncology is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of US heathcare financing and delivery is required.
• Experience in leading a team in a matrix environment is required.
• Requires ability to facilitate alignment across mutilple stakeholders with, at times, misaligned interests.
• Requires a highly motivated, organized, self-starter with a demonstrated track record of leadership and achievement.
• This role requires 10% for mostly domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Health Economics R&D