Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 0695180830
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Scientist, Immunobiologist within the Infectious Diseases Early Discovery team, to be located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a highly motivated and productive Scientist, Immunobiologist with a strong background in cellular immunology and immunotherapeutic approaches to join our drug discovery efforts for treating infectious diseases.
The ideal candidate will have experience in T-cell biology and therapeutic vaccinology applied to chronic infectious diseases or oncology. The candidate should be a well-organized, team-orientated individual who can work efficiently with limited oversight. He will design and execute projects with significant hands-on involvement, and manage interactions with internal and external partners.
- Establishes in vivo mouse models to assess cellular responses elicited by various vaccine strategies
- Applies expertise to drive research projects
- Design and development of appropriate ex vivo immunogenicity assays
- Identifies new areas of research consistent with strategic direction
- Reviews scientific work in project-related fields and areas of expertise
- Drive collaborative research interactions across teams
- Work productively as a team member as well as independently
- Ensures the availability of adequate laboratory materials and justifies the purchase of new equipment
- PhD in immunology with at least 1 year of postdoctoral research experience preferably in an industry setting is required
- Presents data at in-house research forums, and at outside professional meetings, where applicable is preferred
- Extensive experience in working with in vivo studies in vaccine, tumor immunotherapy or chronic infection models to evaluate cellular immune responses including: tissue collection/preparation and immune cell phenotyping/functional studies is preferred
- Experience in flow cytometry (phenotypic profiling and intracellular cytokine staining) is required
- Experience in basic cellular immunology assays such as ELISPOT, cytotoxicity and proliferation is required
- Design/application of multiplex assays (MSD or Luminex) is preferred
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools such as GraphPad Prism, Excel. FlowJo is required
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)