Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Counsel Government Contracting, Regulatory Law Group
Washington, District of Columbia; New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0694180124
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Government Contracting, to be part of the Regulatory Law Group. The role will be located at Johnson & Johnson’s Washington, DC location (for a candidate already resident in the Washington, DC area) or at Johnson & Johnson World Headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
As the Senior Counsel, Government Contracting, you will:
• Provide legal support to client groups primarily in the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
• Be responsible for providing legal advice on US government procurement and grant laws to Johnson & Johnson business units (primarily pharmaceutical companies) receiving funding from US government for research and development activities. Funding may be provided by way of research and development agreements with the National Institutes of Health, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, and various consortia that receive funding from DoD or other agencies.
• Advise on offers, cost and accounting requirements, compliance during contract performance, responses to government audits and inquiries, business strategies and compliance program activities.
• Advise on ethics rules impacting interactions with government officials.
• Provide support to government contracting teams, finance teams, supply chain and procurement, the J&J compliance organization, and legal colleagues.
• Provide advice on U.S. government-specific laws, regulations and proposed regulations as they may impact government procurements and grants, and interactions with U.S. government officials.
• A Juris Doctor Degree and admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia
• A minimum of five years post admission experience with a top law firm or comparable in-house experience in a government contracting practice is required.
• Experience providing legal advice on government contracts in a research and development environment is required.
• Strong facility working with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and agency supplements is required.
• Experience applying the FAR, particularly cost and accounting rules and subcontracting requirements is required.
• Experience advising clients on development of legally compliant strategies and internal policies, compliance program support and conduct of internal investigations is preferred.
• Experience interacting with Government contracting officers, auditors, lawyers and other agency officials is preferred.
• Practical experience applying the cost principles or cost accounting standards and procurement regulations to a complex, global operation is preferred.
• Finance or accounting experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of evolving US/DoD Privacy, Cybersecurity and Data Sharing requirements is preferred.
• Excellent strategic and analytical skills, strong written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work effectively both independently and on teams are required.
• Must able to travel up to 10% of the time, to domestic and international destinations.
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)