Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operator 1, Assembly/Packaging – 1st Shift (multiple openings)
Requisition ID: 0689180201
Torax Medical, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for multiple Operator 1, Assembly/Packaging – 1st Shift located in Shoreview, MN.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. Torax Medical's core technology applies the unique properties of specialized magnets to precisely restore the barrier function of sphincters. Torax Medical’s technology platform, Magnetic Sphincter Augmentation, uses the attraction forces to augment weak or defective sphincter muscles to treat Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and Accidental Bowel Leakage (fecal or bowel incontinence).
The Operator 1, Assembly/Packaging is responsible for assembling and/or producing products according to detailed manufacturing processes. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
- Assemble various materials into subassemblies or finished products using appropriate tools and equipment, in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
- Assist with in process quality checks on sub-assemblies and finished products.
- Advise production supervisor of line issues and notify supervisor when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs.
- Label and/or paint products. Package and label product according to manufacturing specifications.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/Secondary Education or equivalent is required.
- Vocational or technical training is preferred.
- The ability to handle small parts and materials is required.
- Knowledge of technology, equipment (rulers, hand tools, fixtures) and ability to perform several key processes is a plus.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Accurate data entry skills and basic mathematics skills are required
- The ability to read English is required.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be detail orientated, a self-starter and have the ability to work in a fast pace in an emerging growth organization.
- Ability to meet production expectations and perform a variety of manufacturing/production tasks is required.
- This position requires the ability to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision. Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- This position is located in Shoreview, MN and requires a daily commute Monday - Friday for the 1st shift working hours of 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM with overtime and weekends as required.
- This position may require up to 5% domestic travel.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Torax Medical, Inc