Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Scientist I - Afternoon Shift - 2 Positions
Requisition ID: 0676180504
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
As a member of the Quality Laboratory team, the Quality Scientist I is responsible for supporting team objectives through execution of physical and chemical tests to ensure the quality of our products. This individual will participate in all or some of the following quality processes:
• Bulk and Finished Goods testing
• Raw material testing
• Marketed product stability sample testing
• Packaging component testing
• Identifying and raising quality issues
These duties require the ability to follow test procedures and document activities following GMPs and GDPs as well as the ability to work collaboratively with team members. Time management and the ability to meet assigned deadlines are essential to success in this role.
In addition the Quality Scientist I will play a role in the following activities:
• Supporting and providing input to investigations including root cause analysis and documenting investigational activities
• Identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects within the laboratory
• Supporting basic lab activities such as housekeeping, GMP duties, waste disposal, and sample management
• Support audit readiness activities
This role requires compliance with all departmental safety and hygiene policies including GMP compliance, approved eye protection, approved footwear and use of all required personal protective equipment.
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or a related discipline
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical /food/consumer industry, in a R&D or Quality Control laboratory setting
• Experience with USP pharmacopeia testing is an asset
• Deep understanding of Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
• Experience with laboratory software systems such as Empower3, LabWare LIMS, and Biovia LES is an asset
• Proficiency with other computer based programs including the Microsoft Office suite of programs is required
• Ability to work with limited supervision and function effectively in a team environment is needed
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Results and performance driven
• Sense of urgency
• Very high attention to detail
• Integrity and Credo-based actions
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)