Johnson & Johnson Careers
Reliability Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 0671180827
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for a Reliability Engineering Manager in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, energy devices, clip appliers, and trocars - that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, oncology, and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was built more than 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead & direct all San Angelo reliability engineering initiatives / activities.
- Have technical/engineering (30%) responsibilities as well as management/leadership (70%) of the San Angelo Reliability Engineering organization and will provide day-to-day tactical guidance to group.
- Lead / drive and continuously improve the San Angelo Asset Management Program.
- Lead / drive and continuously improve the San Angelo Craft Development Roadmap.
- Act as the plant equipment standards officer (ESO).
- Prepare and manage Reliability Engineering budget.
- Provide effective management of subordinates (craft facilitators, reliability engineers) to achieve desired results.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and manage various engineering projects / initiatives, ensuring all projects / initiatives adhere to acceptable engineering practices and compliance regulations, are appropriately staffed, and are run within budget.
- Assist with troubleshooting problems, discrepancies and investigations of nonconformance. Develop standard operating procedures.
- Provide engineering advice and assistance to other departments.
- Set business metrics for the team and provide performance feedback to employees.
- Utilize excellent communication, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy and delegating skills.
- Provide reliability engineering expertise and maintain a high level of competency and business acumen.
- Identify and coordinate continuous improvement, equipment reliability and productivity improvement activities in a matrix organization.
- Identify resource gaps and help resolve issues across the plant.
- Convert data to actionable projects to produce results to improve process performance.
- Receive strategic guidance from Plant Engineering Manager and keep management well informed of all major problems, improvement activities and potential barriers.
- Perform Reliability Engineering Manager functions, manage own projects and mentor others on active projects.
- Develop staff (salary and wage), discuss, set and document goals and measure performance as part of the review process.
- Act as mentor to associates in group and other engineers in the plant.
- Interface directly with business unit managers / staff managers to ensure that manufacturing operations and projects receive technical support.
- Interface with other San Angelo and external functional groups to ensure that the facility’s goals and requirements are met.
- Maintain signature authority for Quality Systems (i.e. CAPA, NCR, etc.).
- Comply with all applicable quality management system, environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (for example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001).
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- A minimum of 8 years of overall professional experience working in a manufacturing/design engineering function is required
- Experience with people management and leadership is required
- Experience/knowledge in the maintenance and reliability of automated equipment is required.
- Experience with capital and expense budgeting / management required
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and analyze data and to correct negative variances required.
- Experience in union plant preferred
- Experience with equipment reliability / asset management concepts / methodologies required
- Knowledge of quality systems (e.g. CAPA, nonconformance reporting) is required
- The ability to collaborate with direct reports and all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment is required
- The ability to make effective management level presentations and write formal reports dealing with both technical and business aspects is required
- Experience with one or more of the following is required: programmable logic controllers (PLCs), vision systems, computer integrated manufacturing (CIM), robotics
- Medical device or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge of operational equipment effectiveness (OEE) is preferred
- Experience with high speed automated equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) is preferred
- Knowledge of BSI (European) regulatory requirements is preferred
- Knowledge of process excellence/six sigma tools and methodologies is preferred
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing is preferred
- Process excellence/six sigma (green or black belt) certification is preferred
- This position is located in San Angelo, TX will require up to 10% travel domestic and international
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon Inc. (6045)