Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D ENGINEER II
Requisition ID: 0667180827
Every six seconds someone dies from a stroke. Stroke can be caused either by a clot obstructing the flow of blood to the brain (ischemic stroke) or by a blood vessel rupturing and preventing blood flow to the brain (hemorrhagic stroke). CERENOVUS is committed to changing the trajectory of stroke by providing physicians with innovative technologies to push the boundaries of what’s possible in neurovascular intervention. CERENOVUS offers a broad portfolio of devices used in the endovascular treatment of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
Engineer II will be responsible for aspects of the product design and
development of a project with a focus on innovative medical devices that
address the customer needs for a complete procedural solution. The successful
candidate will be working within a cross-functional project team through all
phases of the product development process. The candidate will work closely with
members of the project core team (R&D, process engineering, marketing,
manufacturing, quality, etc.) to define user needs, generate design concepts
and prototypes, perform design evaluations (such as tolerance analysis, FEA,
DOE's, simulated use testing, etc.), and support development of product and
process validation plans and testing. The candidate will also be involved in
test method development and testing of the proposed design.
The Engineer II will work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and produce prototypes. The candidate should demonstrate an understanding in the application of design controls and development processes. The candidate should have the ability to prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and interface effectively with others in the project team.
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering is desired.
- A minimum of 1 year related working experience or an advanced degree is required.
- Experience in medical devices is desirable.
- Experience in product design, process development, device testing or prototyping is desirable.
- Experience working with physician customers is desirable.
- Capable of applying standard statistical practices and techniques in specific situations, and to adjust and correlate data and recognize discrepancies in results.
- Solid modeling experience is a plus. Capable of working independently on assigned project activities in a cross functional team environment.
- Must possess a good understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Good written and oral English communication skills.
- This position is located in Miami, FL and requires up to 10% travel domestically with the potential of international travel.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)