Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager - NA CHM Strategic Sourcing
Skillman, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0666181220
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Chemicals Strategic Sourcing in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Manager, Chemicals Strategic Sourcing will be a leader within the organization with many opportunities for executive exposure regionally, cross sector and globally. You will act as a global sub commodity strategy steward for NA and will reciprocally design/implement global/regional sourcing strategies that deliver the best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers, with an eye on delivering quality and reliability, for assigned commodities and sourcing groups and the North America region.
- Lead and develop commodity strategies and initiatives and contribute to the success of the Chemicals Strategic Sourcing North America organization through upholding the spirit of the J&J Credo.
- Own the identification and facilitation of Cost Improvement Projects including negotiating and effective partner development initiatives to find new areas of value for J&J and key suppliers.
- Develop and implement Supplier Relationship program(s) for key suppliers in their assigned commodity groups/sourcing groups.
- Develop a portfolio of supply relationships that deliver on the following requirements: quality, service, innovation and cost.
- Lead thorough end to end supply chain analysis of business cases including garnering support from key business partners and weighing financial, quality and service criteria.
- Support and guide team members to analyze complex supplier proposals and using decision-making tools and models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations. Leadership of Global Market Engagement Process (bidding).
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment) and develop strategies and attain goals for the growth of diverse supplier spend in accordance with J&J's goals to support diversity supplier initiatives.
- Negotiate commercial agreements and contracts catered to supply situations and ensure that they are aligned with a strategy to ensure business continuity through the agreements.
- Effectively choose tailored sourcing approaches and tools as well as negotiate and implement commercial/contract terms and supply agreements.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of pricing models and should cost models for feedstock and other key drivers for all key materials.
- Conduct monthly analytics on Purchase Price Variance and estimate the annual spend for each commodity within his/her responsibility and demonstrate these analyses in business planning, strategies and negotiations.
- Support the development of new products through early involvement with Advanced Sourcing & Innovation and R&D/Engineering on alternative identification and supply agreement negotiations.
- Drives an environment that leads procurement standard methodologies, policies, quality and compliance.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- 6+ years of business experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in Procurement, Project Management, Finance, R&D, Planning, Supply Chain, and/or Manufacturing.
- Strong analytical decision-making background.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively persuade, convince, and inspire internal and external to gain their support for a specific course of action (i.e. business cases, project timelines).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams and to influence without authority.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
- Experience analyzing supply industries, key cost drivers and market dynamics.
- Experience analyzing proposals, bid packages and conducting supplier analysis.
- Experience with Project Management, Six Sigma, Magnificent Project Execution (FPX), Process Excellence or Lean Tools and business case creation.
- Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Tableau, and SAP.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)