Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. R&D Software Engineer (Product Development)
Requisition ID: 0661181219
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. R&D Software Engineer (Product Development) to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Sr. R&D Software Engineer (Product Development) will:
- Design and develop products, including software as a medical device.
- Use technical aptitude for the engineering and development of medical devices.
- Create and monitor technical aspects of the project.
- Understand and utilize design controls for all technical aspects of product development including the development of design inputs and outputs and the verification and validation of medical devices including software.
- Analyze and evaluate new technologies and recommend improvements to existing products.
- Act as resource within specific product groups for purpose of making sales calls, sales training presentations, and sales meetings/seminars.
- Solve design and manufacturing related problems of current products.
- A combination of the following education and experience is required - A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 4 years’ of experience in a regulated industry OR a Master’s Degree with 2 years of experience in a regulated industry OR a Ph.D. with relevant research experience.
- Experience working with C++ or C# is required.
- Experience with software development for medical devices preferred.
- Experience with Orthopaedics is preferred.
- Experience working with cross functional new product development teams required.
- Experience with FDA QSR/ISO9000 design control regulations is a plus.
- Experience in the process of conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and testing small to medium engineering software applications is preferred.
- Experience with user-interface design and web design is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate critical design/project information to customers is required.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills (with strong interpersonal and critical-thinking skills), including the ability to work with all levels of the organization are required.
- Experience with programming/NX Open customization, Kitware libraries such as ITK, VTK, ParaView, or Slicer is a plus.
- Familiarity with high-quality software practices (test-driven development, documentation, software review processes, and cross-platform support) is a plus.
- This position is located in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 20% travel.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)