Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
BUSINESS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ANALYST
Requisition ID: 0657180504
About the Company:
Johnson & Johnson’s brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you’ll be able to find a J&J brand: Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, Johnson’s Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization is passionate about innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices. We’re looking for a current student to join us on our mission.
We offer a work culture that is open, innovative, and performance driven with an environment that is fun and sophisticated. Within our facilities, we have a fitness centre that you can access. We have an online employee store where you can purchase J&J products. We also offer opportunities for employees to get involved in sports team, social events and to volunteer with local charities and to participate at J&J Connect forums.
We are seeking results and performance driven individuals that have demonstrated the ability to lead. You have high energy and passion, are adaptable, customer-focused and able to work independently, and as part of a group. You should have strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills. Negotiating and influencing skills are also important for this role. You have the ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities, in a dynamic and team orientated environment. The ideal candidate will also have a strong passion for technology and stay up-to-date on emerging tech trends.
This position provides the opportunity to work directly with partners both across and outside of the business; to lead technical projects and implement IT solutions; to participate in innovative technological projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative/resource-rich environment; to support business partners across functions to enable their technology solutions, and to learn about IT business processes and business operations from a sales perspective.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Acts as liaison between the business and IT for technical/sales projects; meeting with business partners to determine current and future needs
- Facilitates (or co-facilitates) information gathering sessions with business and/or our technology partners (requirements gathering, helping with cost benefit analysis, etc.)
- Leads and guides project team members to meeting project objectives through successful execution against project scope, schedule and cost
- Identifies and leads the resolution of project issues; devising effective ways of reaching project objectives in the most cost/time-effective manner while taking into account unique business conditions
- Prepares and communicates project plans and reports; recognizes deviations from scope, schedule & cost and implements remedial actions as required
- Lead Sales IT Group with vendor management of mobile technology as required, supporting and optimizing the processing of user requests.
- Manage User Access requests for Sales and Marketing members, delegating Trade Promotion Management and SAP requests as Central Security Coordinator.
- Complies with the IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Supports a healthy work environment that promotes excellence in customer service, quality, innovative thinking and strong teamwork
Expected Learning & Development:
- Project Management skills
- Communication and Presentation skills - working with various levels of the organization
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement programs
- IT Processes & Methodologies
- Technical Documentation Requirements
- Working within a matrixed organization
- Building and managing business partner relationships
Capabilities / Skill Sets:
- Student currently enrolled in an eligible Undergraduate co-op program, available for a 4 or 8 month work term (8 month preferred), able to start September 2018
- Currently enrolled in Undergraduate program, with Fall co-op option required
- Project Management – Setting Action Plans, Teamwork & Collaboration, Results-Driven, Customer Focus, Management of Project Costs and Timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and engagement skills both verbal and written
- Effectively promotes and manages change
- Well-organized, manages multiple activities with conflicting deadlines, and has solid priority and time management skills
- Strong passion for technology and adaptability/willingness to work in an ever-changing and growing technology environment
- Ability to manage the business partner relationships
- Works interdependently - consulting and collaborating with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Flexible self-starter who works well with little supervision and has strong ownership for the work
- Responsive to customer needs, comfortable with ambiguity; is a critical thinker
- Ability to manage a high degree of business interaction and carry the challenge of engaging business and IT personnel
- Learns quickly and is adaptive to business environments
- Possesses some degree of intellectual curiosity
- Understanding of Relational Database Concepts
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project) and mobile technologies preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)