Johnson & Johnson Careers
Financial Analyst Co-op (Sept 2018, 4 or 8 months)
Requisition ID: 0655180504
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC) is one of the largest and most diversified medical devices businesses in Canada and around the globe. This opportunity provides exposure to product lines as diverse as joint reconstruction, trauma, spine as well as medical devices for minimally invasive and open surgical procedures, devices for women’s health, infection prevention and control and cardiovascular & neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
JJMDC is looking for a Financial Analyst Intern to join our team for a 4 or 8 month (preferred) work term beginning September 2018. As the Financial Analyst Intern, you will be a member of the Finance team, with responsibility to provide the know-how and energy to achieve optimal team performance and best-in-class financial reporting and planning results.
The Intern employee in Finance at Johnson & Johnson could work in a variety of functional areas and roles across the Finance organization including but not limited to the following:
• Tender (RFP), proposal and pricing scenario building and profitability analysis
• Drive value and capabilities for our customer proposals beyond price
• Partnering with Marketing and contracts organization to create pricing segmentation/ladders to facilitate strategic growth and gross profit improvements.
• Prepare monthly reporting, analysis of budget vs. actual results, including identification of risks and offsets vs. budget for Supply Chain Finance team in compliance with J&J Worldwide policies.
• Ensure proper financial accounting for sales, marketing and functional department related expenses, including completion of account reconciliations. Ensure adherence to SOx controls
• Educate business partners on key finance areas as needed (such as Purchase Orders, cost elements to use, brand Profit & Loss statements, etc).
• You are a student in good standing, enrolled in an Accounting, Finance or Business Administration undergrad or Masters program. Must be available to work a 4 or 8 month (preferred) work term, beginning in September 2018. Please indicate your availability in your resume or cover letter (4 or 8 months).
• Demonstrate leadership skills and able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Possess strong Microsoft computer and Excel skills including financial modeling; SAP experience a huge plus.
• Demonstrate a strong desire to learn about new technological solutions for financial reporting and accounting and able to lead projects to implement insights that can result in process efficiencies.
• Dynamic teammate who is resourceful and inventive.
• Be an effective communicator, with strong presentation and influencing skills.
• Possess excellent analytical skills with proven drive and a willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)