Johnson & Johnson Careers
Student Quality Technician – Quality Laboratory (Chemistry) winter 2019 work term
Requisition ID: 0650180827
As a member of the Analytical Quality Laboratory team, this individual will be responsible for supporting the testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products, and GMP duties including solution preparation and glassware washing. In addition, this individual may be required to complete assigned projects in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
Note: Ratio of lab support and testing may vary based on experience, demonstrated competency and completion of laboratory support activities.
Laboratory Support (80%):
- Prepare solutions for analytical/chemical testing including buffers, acids, bases, standards, HPLC/UPLC mobile phases, and test solutions.
- Operate glassware dishwasher to ensure sufficient glassware is available for testing.
- Complete housekeeping and GMP support tasks ensuring compliance with all procedures and protocols.
Analytical Testing (20%):
- Conduct basic sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process materials and finished products using standard analytical techniques.
- Perform chemical assays, content/dose uniformity, dissolutions, FTIR, identification tests, titrations, specific gravity, sieve analysis, UV-VIS.
- Gain exposure to advanced testing such as HPLC and UPLC analysis.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all work performed (using GDP principles) in laboratory books, log books and controlled worksheets.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Science program.
- Candidate should possess previous experience in a laboratory setting.
- Basic understanding of laboratory equipment and analytical techniques.
- Working knowledge of HPLC, FTIR, UV and wet chemistry is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the USP or regulatory requirements is an asset.
- Prior experience within a pharmaceutical or food laboratory is considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Ability to work both independently or as an integral member of the team.
- Very high attention to detail is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and multitasking capabilities.
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Enjoy working to multiple deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare is a division of Johnson & Johnson and is a progressive and growing company focused on continuing quality improvement. This assignment provides an opportunity to work in a challenging, state of the art environment with an on-site fitness facility.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter (OTC) products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare in Guelph is a production facility that manufactures a wide variety of OTC and Rx products including the TYLENOL* and MOTRIN* solid and liquid dose products. The site houses a manufacturing facility, chemistry and microbiology quality laboratories and R&D chemistry and pilot scale laboratories.
Our site is located on a bus route, and features a walking trail, green space and a beach volleyball court. Additionally, we have a gym/workout zone with on-site Fitness Coordinators that provide free group classes (e.g. Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, Circuit and HIIT Training). We pride ourselves in encouraging employee initiatives to improve the work culture, health & wellness and community involvement of our employees.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)