Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Enterprise Data Architecture and Strategy
Requisition ID: 0644180827
Johnson & Johnson is looking for a Director, Enterprise Data Architecture and Strategy within Corporate Business Technology (CPT) in New Brunswick NJ. This position may require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Enterprise Data Architect will champion data and analytics value creation as a strategic discipline within Corporate business technology organization. This includes envisioning data-enabled strategies and enabling all forms of business outcomes through analytics. This individual will enable a proactive and data-driven culture that can rapidly generate actionable insights which accelerate business value realization.
Partnering with business and technology leaders, the Data Architect will lead an assessment of data assets spread across various transactional sources, in-memory data stores, logical and physical data warehouses, and data lakes. The Data Architect will analyze how the data is used by various business processes and shape the data strategy to enable business outcomes. This individual will define the target state data architecture and the roadmap from current to target state, taking into account ERP landscape evolution.
The primary focus of the role will be on Corporate Finance and Tax domains, but will also include HR, Procurement, Facilities, Health Care Compliance & Privacy and other corporate functions.
The Director, Enterprise Data Architect will contribute to overall JNJ enterprise data strategy and will provide guidance to the project teams on the data flows and integration decisions in alignment with enterprise data strategy.
This individual will champion prototyping, piloting, building and sustaining capabilities for self-service, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Develop the data strategy to exploit the value of enterprise information assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision making and regulatory reporting, with primary focus on corporate finance data strategy. The strategy should enable timely access to reliable and consistent data, with the ability to trace lineage to the source.
- Lead the development, publication and maintenance of the corporate information architecture, as well as a roadmap for its future development that matches and supports business needs
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics in support of the Corporate functions business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for data sourcing, analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
- Be the corporate leader of data-driven insights that help support exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities, and be a champion for a data-driven decisionmaking culture
- Define, manage and advance information management principles and programs for stewardship and custodianship of data and analytics
- Champion master data and data quality strategies
- Ensure that business reports derived from controlled data are consistent and representative of the true state of the business.
- Lead exploration and adoption of advanced analytics, leveraging data science, machine learning, data mining and visualization technologies
- Guide the decisions for data flows and data integration in the context of enterprise data platforms including enterprise in-memory data grid, enterprise data lakes and enterprise data warehouse
- Facilitate the evolution to self-service analytics and data preparation.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field is required
- A minimum of 15 years of experience, ideally in financial or information or IT management is required
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts is required.
- 5 years of experience with business processes and associated information flows supporting Financial Accounting, Financial Planning and Analytics, Tax and Treasury is strongly preferred
- Experience with SAP Financial and Supply Chain modules, processes, transactions and data structures strongly preferred
- Information strategy experience; experience in strategic technology planning and execution in complex environments is required
- Strategy and management consulting experience is preferred.
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals is required
- Proven data literacy — the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options is required
- The ability to translate among the languages used by executive, business, IT and quant stakeholder is required
- Broad experience in multiple domain areas, such as data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance, and enterprise architecture frameworks is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with data science, machine learning and advanced analytics concepts and methods is strongly preferred
- Strategic thinking, visionary and foresight to conceptualize new solutions that address core business objectives is required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization is required.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Executive presentation skills are required.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity is required
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)