Johnson & Johnson Careers
STAFF R&D ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 0643180827
Every six seconds someone dies from a stroke. Stroke can be caused either by a clot obstructing the flow of blood to the brain (ischemic stroke) or by a blood vessel rupturing and preventing blood flow to the brain (hemorrhagic stroke). CERENOVUS is committed to changing the trajectory of stroke by providing physicians with innovative technologies to push the boundaries of what’s possible in neurovascular intervention. CERENOVUS offers a broad portfolio of devices used in the endovascular treatment of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
The Staff Engineer is responsible for leading the development of innovative, functional, cost effective product concepts and product designs. Provides guidance and direction to less experienced engineers in a project lead engineer role. Ensures cross-functional partner project alignment. Contributes to the development and monitoring of project schedules and budgets. Accountable for the mentoring or supervising of less experienced engineers and/or technical personnel.
The candidate has a full understanding in the application of design controls and development processes. Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods. The candidate has the ability to define scope of work, plan and prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and interface effectively with others in the project team. Work is expected to result in significant contributions to the development of new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or methods. May technically supervise, coordinate and review the work of technicians.
The individual will also be expected to develop an expert knowledge of our product lines and procedures and a working knowledge of various anatomies and pathologies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of related engineering experience is required
- Medical device experience is required
- Experience in product design, prototyping and device testing is required. Process development is desirable
- Experience working with physician customers is desirable
- The candidate must be capable of applying standard statistical practices and techniques in specific situations, and to adjust and correlate data and recognize discrepancies in results required
- The candidate will work independently on assigned project activities in a cross functional team environment
United States-Florida-Miami-6303 Blue Lagoon Drive
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)