Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We're looking for leaders to bring health care solutions to our customers and communities in virtually every corner of the world…leaders to nurture and inspire others…leaders who are committed to making a difference…leaders with strong character and proven competencies needed to become tomorrow's leaders in a global environment. Our business principles are embodied in Our Credo, a respected, legendary value statement that has guided our Family of Companies for over 70 years.
A GTM PhD Intern will have the opportunity to gain excellent experience working in one or more of our talent management specialty areas (e.g., assessment, performance management, succession planning, etc.). In those domains, you will assess needs, provide consulting and support, and develop solutions for J&J on an enterprise, global, and/or regional level. We are also dedicated to providing a highly developmental experience for you. For example, although some projects may be assigned, you will have flexibility in choosing additional projects in order to further your own path of learning and growth. We also seek to provide opportunities to learn in other ways, such as exposure to leaders, structured developmental feedback, and experience with other areas of the organization.
This role will be responsible for completing projects that deal with strategic business needs related to talent management. In these projects Interns will be encouraged to partner with leaders across groups, teams, and functional areas; demonstrate in-depth understanding of talent practices; excellent partnership skills; and outstanding, proactive project management skills.
In order to be eligible for the GTM Internship;
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program in Industrial/-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or other HR-related discipline with an expected graduation date, or dissertation defense, between September 2020-December 2022
- Clear understanding of talent management including the employee lifecycle (e.g., hiring, development, performance appraisal, succession planning)
- Outstanding communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in working both collaboratively and independently
- Experience translating technical I/O and HR problems into practical solutions
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Statistical experience and expertise analyzing and drawing conclusions from people data
- Ability to live the “scientist-practitioner” model, balancing science with practicality
- Proactive project management skills;
- Ability to drive progress and make decisions
- Ability to set priorities and manage a variety of tasks in a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Previous Business experience required (e.g., via applied projects or employment); HR/IO experience strongly desired
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)