Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager R&D Product Development, Sports Medicine
Requisition ID: 0633180208
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager R&D Product Development Sports Medicine, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The R&D Product Development Manager will manage and lead an R&D team responsible for the design, development, and commercialization of Class I-II medical devices, specifically electro-mechanical systems and associated reusable instrumentation and sterile, single-use, disposables. The R&D Product Development Manager will lead in the generation of Intellectual Property. The individual will set clear expectations for direct reports and establish roles and responsibilities to manage deliverables to meet business commitments. This individual will serve as a strong technical and leadership mentor to technical staff, oversee the creation of design development plans and coach teams to execute aggressively and predictably. This individual will hire, develop, mentor and train engineering talent and will foster the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities. This individual must possess a true passion for team development, be able to develop a strong network across functions and challenge people and project teams to successfully achieve goals.
- A minimum of B.S. in an engineering discipline and 8 years of experience in product development OR an advance degree with 6 years of product development experience is required.
- Demonstrated success in the design, development and commercialization of products in specifically electro-mechanical, disposable, minimally invasive, or handheld surgical devices is required.
- Previous experience with managing engineering teams required.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Experience with embedded software systems preferred.
- Experience engaging with physician customers to discuss and evaluate design concepts to drive innovation is preferred.
- Experience with Strategy and Portfolio Planning preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional problem-solving ability required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Well organized, self-motivated, energetic, creative and resourceful.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, management and team work qualities.
- The ability to work within a cadaver lab and operating room setting is required.
- This position is in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel including international.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)