Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electro Mechanical Engineer II, Product Development, Sports Medicine
Requisition ID: 0632180209
DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for an Electro Mechanical Engineer II, in Sports Product Development group located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we have created one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine, develops, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for a wide range of minimally invasive mobility therapies.
- The New Product Development Engineer II should excel in an environment that embraces teamwork, change, risk-based decision-making and flexibility.
- This individual should be willing to make a significant contribution to a multi-disciplinary team, must be self-motivated, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The individual will be responsible for the product design and development of surgical instrumentation and electro-mechanical devices used in arthroscopic soft tissue repair, such as radio-frequency or mechanical resection devices and arthroscopic camera and camera control units.
- This role will be responsible for technical development aspects of the project, as well as providing technical leadership through all phases of the product development process, including planning through product launch.
- The candidate will work closely with other members of the project core team (marketing, manufacturing, quality, regulatory, etc.) and surgeons to define user needs, generate design concepts and prototypes, perform design evaluations (such as tolerance analysis, FEA, simulated use testing, etc.), develop product verification and validation plans and execute testing and write reports.
- The Engineer II will develop solutions, through computer (CAD) modeling and drafting, including detailed mechanism design with a focus on small parts.
- The role will require prototype manufacturing through creating solutions from off-the-shelf parts, 3D printing, and working with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and produce prototypes.
- The candidate will develop clinically relevant test methods appropriate to each product, and determine feasibility through benchtop and simulated use testing. This role will have a focus on hands-on application of engineering methods and principles, and will require strong technical skills.
- The candidate should demonstrate proficiency in the application of design controls and development processes, while executing in a timely and efficient manner.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage a varied workload and interface effectively with project teams, management and surgeons. The individual will also be expected to develop a deep knowledge of our product lines and various orthopedic pathologies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 2 years of experience in a highly regulated industry OR an advanced degree in Engineering plus 1 year of experience in a highly regulated industry is required. A degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Medical Device industry experience is preferred.
- A successful track record of working independently and within a team, solving technical problems with creative solutions is required.
- Experience utilizing computer aided design (CAD) to develop a product is required. Experience with Pro Engineer is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of mechanisms, materials, proper tolerancing, drafting standards, and GD&T are required.
- Must demonstrate a strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively is required.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams, and work effectively as a critical core team member with strong interpersonal skills is required.
- Must have experience in identifying user needs, medical device design principles, and material selection; the ability to verify and validate design concepts and evaluate design failure modes is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- The ability to work within a cadaver lab and operating room setting is required.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis and other analytical tools is preferred.
- Experience with Design Excellence or Design for Six Sigma is preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) is required.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA, and may require up to 10% travel is required.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)