Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Engineer II, Product Development, Sports Medicine
Requisition ID: 0631180208
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Electrical Engineer II, in Sports Product Development group located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Electrical Engineer II will be part of an R&D team responsible for the design and development of current and new products. He/she will work with design engineers, surgeons, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, product directors, and other team members to develop product requirements and concepts on new and existing electro-mechanical devices. This individual will complete necessary documentation to support design/development changes. He/she will lead the technical aspects of the engineering effort for electrical and electronic components, keeping Design for Value as an important consideration. Candidates will be responsible for prototyping, troubleshooting, failure analysis, verification/validation testing and generation of protocols as well as documenting test reports. The engineer will participate in design reviews, presenting results of formal analysis, generating project progress reports, and investigation summaries. In addition the engineer will be responsible for planning assigned tasks. The Electrical Engineer, Sports will know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience with a BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design and analysis required
- Proficiency in schematic design and knowledge of good layout practices is required.
- Experience prototyping, troubleshooting, and failure analysis required
- Experience with verification/validation testing and creating test protocols and reports required
- Experience with IEC60601-1 required
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to upper management, other individuals, customers and/ or teams across the organization is required.
- Experience in embedded systems preferred.
- Experience in medical device process design and development is preferred.
- Knowledge of microcontroller/microprocessor applications is desired.
- Experience with C embedded programming a plus.
- This position will also require strong analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work in medical environments such as cadaver labs and Operating Rooms is required.
- This position is in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel including international.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)