Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID: 0621181219
Johnson & Johnson’s Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Staff Mechanical Engineer the Terminal Sterilization platform for Advanced Sterilization Products located in Irvine, CA. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing all headquartered in our talent hub in Irvine, CA.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers, and communities. ASP has offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.aspjj.com.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have responsibilities including the following for the terminal sterilization platform:
- Deliver and drive results by participating in new product development projects either as a team member or work stream leader focused on mechanical centric design and development
- Connects by collaboration with cross functional team members to ensure alignment and influencing of design concepts, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification.
- Provides technical leadership on assigned projects to deliver design concepts, design characterization, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification using sound engineering principles and expertise.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is required; Advanced degree preferred
- 4 years minimum of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in new product development in a highly regulated industry required
- 2+ years minimum of CAD design experience required; SolidWorks preferred
- Effective communication to cross functional team required
- Structural and thermal analysis via software tool and manual calculations preferred.
- Design experience for plastics highly preferred
- GD&T working knowledge highly preferred -geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Fluidic Systems experience is required
- Sterilization and/or disinfection experience a plus
Ethicon Inc. (6045)
R&D Engineering (R&D)