Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Technology Analyst Co-op (Retail Innovation Team)(Sept 2018, 4 or 8 months)
Requisition ID: 0617180504
Johnson & Johnson’s brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you’ll be able to find a J&J brand: Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, Johnson’s Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization is focused on innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices. We’re looking for a current student to join us on our mission.
We offer a work culture that is open, innovative, and performance driven with an environment that is fun and sophisticated. Within our facilities, we have a fitness centre that you can access. We have an online employee store where you can purchase J&J products. We also offer opportunities for employees to get involved in sports team, social events and to volunteer with local charities and to participate at J&J Internal collaboration events.
Society and technology are changing the way people shop. Consumers have more choices than ever before, including how and where they shop. The J&J Retail Innovation team’s mandate is to understand these changes, and develop/activate a model that helps J&J and our retailer partners innovate in this fast-paced new world.
This is a new and unique opportunity within JNJ! The Johnson & Johnson Technology (JJT) Retail Innovation Analyst will work hand in hand with the Retail Innovation Team AND the Start-up community, to develop and pilot technology projects with our customers. Do you want to have the unique opportunity to gain experience in the corporate world, while also acting as a startup? Are you curious and collaborative? Are you excited by the idea of kicking down walls and doing crazy new things? If so, this role is for you.
• Discover creative solutions to support tasks/projects that have never been done before, through internal liaison or deep external researching
• Support relationship management with JNJ and the startup community in Toronto
• Collaborate directly with external partners and test the development of technology pilot projects, as well as support the project management of the pilots in progress
• Perform valuable research on emerging technology and the latest consumer trends
• Support the Retail Innovation team with critical strategy work for our retail customers
· Must be a current Undergrad or Masters student eligible for a 4 or 8-month work term, beginning in Sept 2018. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter or resume.
· Strong understanding or enthusiasm for innovation, startup ecosystem and/or emerging technology is required
· Relationship building and rapport with external customers or partners
· Exceptional project management skills. Time management guru, with an ability to operate independently as well as within a team
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and engagement skills both verbal and written
· Resilient and flexible self-starter who works well with little supervision and ambiguity, and has a strong sense of ownership for their work
· Emerging capability for strategic thinking and strategic business models
· Initiative and problem solving, ability to look ahead and proactively address roadblocks
Expected Learning & Development Opportunities:
· Innovation and start up experience, within a large global organization – unique opportunity to gain experience in both worlds!
· External Relationship Management experience, and opportunity to build strong business connections within the world’s largest healthcare company.
· Experience driving Consumer technology innovation, and Retail management innovation
· Deep Project Management, communication, and presentation skills
· Innovation and Continuous Improvement programs
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)